Dyno tune with CO adjustment Leo Vince

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Just ran the FZ on the dyno for the first time with the Leo Vince exhaust.

Here's the setup: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 with Leo Vince exhaust with cat eliminator, db killers out.

Previous run totally stock 89.10hp
Today's runs:

Run 1 (stock tune) - 93.20hp

Run 2 (+4 C1 and C2) - 93.82hp

Run 3 (+9 C1 and C2) - 94.77hp

Run 4 (+14 C1 and C2) - 95.11hp

Run 5 (+19 C1 and C2) - 95.60hp

Run 6 (+24 C1 and C2) - 95.79hp

Run 7 (+29 C1 and C2) - 95.68

so there it is. Leo Vince with stock tune will give you 4hp but there is extra power to be had by using your CO adjustment.

Overall, I ended up with a 7hp gain with only exhaust added. I am still running a stock airbox and filter. The bike has 4200 miles.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
thats good to see,,,i really am curious what would happen to add a filter and pc3 to the combination...please let us know if you do

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
You have to jump a wire under the tank to a ground and then it unlocks the CO adjustment available through the gauge cluster in diagnostic mode. There are a few posts out there about how to do it. I used a Radioshack DB9 pin on a wire to a ring terminal under a bolt on the rear master cylinder. I just left it in there and all is well.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool...nice to know you can hot rod computers from the factory

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
What type of rolling road are the results from? Over here we have a lot of tuners using inaccurate rolling roads so have to ensure we use the Aussies Dyno Dynamics for accurate figures!

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, Europian model can access into CO adjustment without making short circuit but, your report helps us a lot that CO adjustment will influence from idling to 14k rpm.

Thank you,

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
What type of rolling road are the results from? Over here we have a lot of tuners using inaccurate rolling roads so have to ensure we use the Aussies Dyno Dynamics for accurate figures!

we use a dynojet brand dynamometer.

seat of the pants i really can feel a difference. it definately wants to wheelie under full throttle and certainly feels more responsive. i suppose a 7hp gain is noticable; when you look at percentages, it is almost 10 percent up!

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you find the noise of the exhaust as is too? I fitted mine last night, and it seems a bit loud. I'm hoping it's going to quieten down, otherwise it might need the cat putting back in! With db killers out, it sounds possessed!

I was quite suprised to find the frint lifting a bit more in both first and second today. Last night when I took the baffles out, it feeled more sluggish though (totally standard, no map adjustments).

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
How do you find the noise of the exhaust as is too? I fitted mine last night, and it seems a bit loud. I'm hoping it's going to quieten down, otherwise it might need the cat putting back in! With db killers out, it sounds possessed!

I was quite suprised to find the frint lifting a bit more in both first and second today. Last night when I took the baffles out, it feeled more sluggish though (totally standard, no map adjustments).

they are loud but I like their sound. Granted, if I am near a cop I upshift as to not tick him off, but if I am in someone's blind spot, I need to appeal to one of their other four senses or they will not know I am there.

aceman1741

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered leo vince carbon fiber evo2 with the conical tips. It will be here in about two to three weeks. Were there any things you needed to look for as far as problems installing your pipes? Does your bike run better with the DB killers in there or without? Will I need to get a pc111 to change my settings on my bike? Thanks, any help would be appreciated....

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I just ordered leo vince carbon fiber evo2 with the conical tips. It will be here in about two to three weeks. Were there any things you needed to look for as far as problems installing your pipes? Does your bike run better with the DB killers in there or without? Will I need to get a pc111 to change my settings on my bike? Thanks, any help would be appreciated....

i have my db killers out to further reduce backpressure. some people find the exhaust too loud even with the db killers installed. so. find which way you like how it sounds and go with that.

a pc3 is not required at all and will decrease your fuel economy. if you want to adjust your mixture i recommend the co hack and about 30 minutes of dyno time. you will get basically the same peak power for about a third of the price.

oh... and my last tank of gas was mostly two up riding and i got 45mpg.

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
i'm sure you'll go up some more with the airbox mod...cant wait for the dyno results :)
they are loud but I like their sound. Granted, if I am near a cop I upshift as to not tick him off, but if I am in someone's blind spot, I need to appeal to one of their other four senses or they will not know I am there.

so true

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ran the FZ on the dyno for the first time with the Leo Vince exhaust.

Here's the setup: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 with Leo Vince exhaust with cat eliminator, db killers out.

Previous run totally stock 89.10hp
Today's runs:

Run 1 (stock tune) - 93.20hp

Run 2 (+4 C1 and C2) - 93.82hp

Run 3 (+9 C1 and C2) - 94.77hp

Run 4 (+14 C1 and C2) - 95.11hp

Run 5 (+19 C1 and C2) - 95.60hp

Run 6 (+24 C1 and C2) - 95.79hp

Run 7 (+29 C1 and C2) - 95.68

so there it is. Leo Vince with stock tune will give you 4hp but there is extra power to be had by using your CO adjustment.

Overall, I ended up with a 7hp gain with only exhaust added. I am still running a stock airbox and filter. The bike has 4200 miles.

i was thinking of getting a leo vince pipe for my bike can you tell a power gain in all of the rpm?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool, I assume the +#'s are the adjustments that you made? if so it sounds like a way for us all to unlock a little power from the bike, are there any known dangers in this adjustment?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well this is great news!

You have to jump a wire under the tank to a ground and then it unlocks the CO adjustment available through the gauge cluster in diagnostic mode.

There are a few posts out there about how to do it.

I used a Radioshack DB9 pin on a wire to a ring terminal under a bolt on the rear master cylinder. I just left it in there and all is well.

I'm looking to do with with my Scorpions (cat intact)...

Can you explain more about what the +# means?

Where can these posts be found? This is the only time I've heard of this.

Pics?

You posted peak HP, right? Any thoughts on how the overall curves look based on the different settings?

I'm not very familiar with all this so if anyone can't point me in the right direction, I'll do the rest. Thanks!