Easiest and cheapest brake upgrade??

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys i was wondering what ye have done to improve braking performance?
currently i am considering braided lines which seem to be a popular mod.

i have a 2004 model. would it be worth my while to upgrade the calipers to the ones off the newer fazer with r1 style brakes i i were to find them on flea bay? or think i read on here that the calipers of the r6 wont fit too easily?? :BLAA:

thanks for your help :thumbup:
To answer the question "whats the quickest easiest" changed my pads from stock to EBC and changed the brake fluid. Big difference in feel and stopping power. To be honest with you braided lines are great for the front (just haven't had the money to do it). The rear stock line is more than adequate to lock and stop the rear wheel. I don't know that for road performance you would notice the difference to much.
If you have the money a better caliper is going to give you more performance than a braided line. As stated, bleeding the lines cannot be over stressed.

Nelly
PS what CO are you in? I'm in Offaly.

Last edited:

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
I put speigler stainless steel lines on with EBC HH pads and it definitely improved feel and I'd say stopping power.

It also exaggerated my front end dive under braking, but some fresh/thicker fork fluid really helped that out.

The bike definitely feels better now, but having ridden many other bikes, the stopping power is pretty weak comparatively. If I had the extra cash i'd be upgrading to an r6 front end, a. for the improved suspension, and b. for the improve braking.

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
To answer the question "whats the quickest easiest" changed my pads from stock to EBC and changed the brake fluid. Big difference in feel and stopping power. To be honest with you braided lines are great for the front (just haven't had the money to do it). The rear stock line is more than adequate to lock and stop the rear wheel. I don't know that for road performance you would notice the difference to much.
If you have the money a better caliper is going to give you more performance than a braided line. As stated, bleeding the lines cannot be over stressed.

Nelly
PS what CO are you in? I'm in Offaly.

Thanks Nelly!
I am just thinking through a few mods at the mo. the brakes seem pretty good but as you know theres always room for improvement :thumbup:

I am living in Limerick Nelly, we are neighbours lol
what part of Offaly are you living in? drove through Moneygall on my way to dublin like a month ago, when we got our summer weather ;)

Regards
Aidan

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Nelly!
I am just thinking through a few mods at the mo. the brakes seem pretty good but as you know theres always room for improvement :thumbup:

I am living in Limerick Nelly, we are neighbours lol
what part of Offaly are you living in? drove through Moneygall on my way to dublin like a month ago, when we got our summer weather ;)

Regards
Aidan
I am about 40 minutes from Moneygall, On the N52 heading out of Birr, Kilcormac has got Doolans Garage in it. I am 4 miles from there. Your not far for a meet up in the summer.
I was down your way last September doing a course at the midlands regional hospital Limerick.
Cheers

Nelly

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
I am about 40 minutes from Moneygall, On the N52 heading out of Birr, Kilcormac has got Doolans Garage in it. I am 4 miles from there. Your not far for a meet up in the summer.
I was down your way last September doing a course at the midlands regional hospital Limerick.
Cheers

Nelly

i live only 5 mins from the regional :eek:
by any chance are you going to the ireland bike fest on in killarney in june? i am thinking of going up for the day on the friday as thats my only day off in the week at the moment :Flash:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i live only 5 mins from the regional :eek:
by any chance are you going to the ireland bike fest on in killarney in june? i am thinking of going up for the day on the friday as thats my only day off in the week at the moment :Flash:
I will look into it and check out my roster what date are you looking at. I will get back to ye.

Nelly