ECU serial Numbers

Avin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Needed a help in identifying the serial number of the ECU. I have a problem with my ignition switch, the keys are popping out. So, I thought of changing the ignition module. The cost is very expensive when it's landing to my location, where as I can see the entire lock set with the master key and ECU for sale at a reasonable price in eBay.

My question is, if the pins match, can I go for it.

My bike is a 2008 S2 and the serial number on the ECU is as follows - FUA0015 /4S8-00/F8T83771/8122

The set on eBay has the following serial -FUA0031/36B-00/F8T84672/9Z08 ( taken from XJ6 and not aware of the make year)

The pins match and both the ECU are made by Mitsubishi. Would be great if some one can share some info here on these

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased an ebay switch. Said it was for a 2005 FZ6. The harness was way too short. I removed the new harness and replaced it with my old one...problem solved. The point is...don't trust anything from ebay. The Yamaha dealer will sell you one that fits...so will on-line retailers who sell OEM parts.

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
More importantly, is your bike a US model or European ? There are differences between them as in anti-lock brakes, security system, coded key, etc..

I would also stick with getting an FZ6 SPECIFIC ECU, preferably for an S2(like yours).
I'm not familiar with the RPM range of the XJ6 but probably NOT programmed to run up to 14,000 RPM's, etc..

I don't know if there are any differences between the S1 and S2 ECU, someone else, (Cliff) may know..

@Motogiro

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Needed a help in identifying the serial number of the ECU. I have a problem with my ignition switch, the keys are popping out. So, I thought of changing the ignition module. The cost is very expensive when it's landing to my location, where as I can see the entire lock set with the master key and ECU for sale at a reasonable price in eBay.

My question is, if the pins match, can I go for it.

My bike is a 2008 S2 and the serial number on the ECU is as follows - FUA0015 /4S8-00/F8T83771/8122

The set on eBay has the following serial -FUA0031/36B-00/F8T84672/9Z08 ( taken from XJ6 and not aware of the make year)

The pins match and both the ECU are made by Mitsubishi. Would be great if some one can share some info here on these
Not the same ECU programming between the XJ6 and FZ6. Even if the pin outs are exactly the ECU is not programmed the same as the FZ6 ECU.
Unless your FZ6 is a model that makes 78 HP as apposed to the US model which is rated at 98 HP. The XJ6 was a Euro model that made 78 HP. In a case where the FZ6 is a 78 HP model and the XJ6 pinouts are the same the XJ6 ECU will probably then work .

Avin

Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff,

I thought the XJ6 diversion was the detuned model. Isnt it?. How to check if my bike is a euro model or the US model, can that be checked using the VIN of the bike??

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That was what I thought so if the pin outs worked okay, the mapping may give less horse power than a 98 horse power model FZ6.

I just checked your info and you have an older FZ600 listed as your bike. Did you get an FZ6? You did say an S2 FZ6. There is also a difference between the S2 and S1 because the S2 has the O2 sensor...