End of an Era - Beginning of a New One

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
oh well folks the time has come to farewell the Naked Wasp! The yellow FZ6n is heading to a new home ..... somewhere.
I've had a bit over ten years pretty much issue free. The Wasp has given me the chance to mod a bike to make it purely mine, a vehicle that I have loved learning about. I may not have made extreme changes but it re-awakened mechanical skills I hadn't been using due to a kid, house renovations, a divorce, another marriage and the other joy, travel.

So where to from here? A cage! NO not yet anyway. I have traded in the FZ for an XSR900. Many folks will know I have toyed with the idea for a few years now but Covid got in the way. I was actually going to order the bike back in May but we had another city lock down.

I kinda fell in love with the latest black with red and gold hilights colour scheme but alas and alack, I found out here in Aus at least that scheme was a short term run and is now outta production-dammit! So the stock colour scheme is white with a red central strip down the tank and a red front guard- I can happily live with that. I'll post a pic when its mine!
In the mean time here's a pic of the Wasp for old times sakeP1050263.JPG

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulation Ade! The XSR is a great bike! That wasp is still a beauty...

Reactions: agf

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so the first mods happened today, I put on my HVMP 170z bar ends that had been on the FZ6. I know that there wasn't any apparent buzz through the bars but I like the look of the heavy stainless steel ends. The second mod was Sharkskin grips, I have been using them for years, so that was a given!

Attachments

• 1-20210620.jpg
    1-20210620.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 25

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so the first mods happened today, I put on my HVMP 170z bar ends that had been on the FZ6. I know that there wasn't any apparent buzz through the bars but I like the look of the heavy stainless steel ends. The second mod was Sharkskin grips, I have been using them for years, so that was a given!
Hoonigan! Lol! I would love to ride that!

lrojasma

Reaction score
Visit site
No one keeps keeps an FZ forever. Yours was an outstanding example and the new owner will be happy. The XSR900 is a great bike - you wont miss the FZ when that triple sings its song.

I beg to differ.

I have my FZ6 S2 ABS since 2008 and i still have no plans to change it.

In fact i hate the triple cylinder engine sound, i think is not for everyone.

I love my FZ6, and i make things for her every now and then.

I think i will keep it forever.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1
I have only ever owned an FZ6 (2005) and I constantly look at new bikes. Just can't seem to give up the fz. Meets or exceeds all of my needs. Although, the XSR900 is a great looking bike and one of the top on my list of "if i ever decide to get a different bike"...