Er 1 code

koullislouca

Reaction score
Visit site
The story: I removed all fairings and tank from my fz6 2005 to get them painted and after a month when I assembled them back to the bike and tried to ignite the bike the error 1 appeared on the screen and the bike wouldn't start. I changed the battery and the bike worked properly but the error was still on the screen and nothing worked on the screen except the fuel indicator.
I tried the followings but still not fixed: I tried to enter to diagnostic mode by holding the reset and select button together turning the switch on still holding the buttons for more than ten seconds but nothing happens. I also removed the the ECU fuse but still nothing works. I went a few rides without any problems except that nothing works the screen panel besides the fuel indicator. I cannot understand why this is happening.
Can anyone explain to me what is the problem with my bike and what i shall do to fix it?

William UK

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 S2 2009
Turning ignition on from cold bike goes through diagnostic test then high-temperature reading HI c including error code Er_1 orange engine warning light stays on and and read temperature light.

You can start the engine and it runs perfectly however all the above is displayed, if you go for a bike ride the situation is compounded by having no speedometer or rev counter.

Battery check fine, oil level fine, water level fine, all the connectors have been stripped down WD-40 and blown out with an airline three times.

Still the fault persists, took two Yamaha dealer charged me to tell me what I already know, stated they did not know and they would get in touch with Yamaha who got back and said it may be the immobiliser connector strip down WD 40 blown off with airline.

Still the same problem, this appears to have been going on from 2005 and on 2009 models what is going on can nobody identified the exact issue and problem that is causing this error?:(

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 S2 2009
Turning ignition on from cold bike goes through diagnostic test then high-temperature reading HI c including error code Er_1 orange engine warning light stays on and and read temperature light.

You can start the engine and it runs perfectly however all the above is displayed, if you go for a bike ride the situation is compounded by having no speedometer or rev counter.

Battery check fine, oil level fine, water level fine, all the connectors have been stripped down WD-40 and blown out with an airline three times.

Still the fault persists, took two Yamaha dealer charged me to tell me what I already know, stated they did not know and they would get in touch with Yamaha who got back and said it may be the immobiliser connector strip down WD 40 blown off with airline.

Still the same problem, this appears to have been going on from 2005 and on 2009 models what is going on can nobody identified the exact issue and problem that is causing this error?:(

So, yours also has this fault?

Because your bike has an immobilizer, can you take a picture of the Display and look under he tank for group of 5 black wires into a white housing like this one? My question is; what connects to this cluster of wires on a bike w/an immobilzer??? Tks PS this is a US bike w/out immobilizer.
50054d1378609886-need-way-connect-ideas-img_20130907_164258_881.jpg

As for the actual problem - ER1 can be the result of any error or incomplete diagnostic loop. For example of the battery depletes while cranking and goes under 10.5V er1 could be displayed but the bikes starts and runs.

No instruments:
If the display has power and ground, it simply needs a serial data link to make the rev counter, odo, trip data, and temp work.
So if the LEDs inside the cluster do not work, its a good indicator that the ground is compromised at the cluster. All the lighting in the cluster is seperate from the data.

Last edited:

koullislouca

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you mean by simply needs a serial data link to make the rev counter, odo, trip data, and temp work? How I'm I gonna do this?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you mean by simply needs a serial data link to make the rev counter, odo, trip data, and temp work? How I'm I gonna do this?

There is a single wire, 07 up is a Yellow/light blue trace that connects the ECM to the Cluster. All of the numeric content to be displayed goes through this wire.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
From the tech section;

Fault code: Er-1
Diagnostic Code: --
Symptom: No signals are received from the ECU.

Probable cause of malfunction:
Open or short circuit in wiring sub lead.
Malfunction in meter.
Malfunction in ECU.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thank you for info :thumbup:

Thanks for the REP! Fill in some details with where your at and lets see what can be done....

I repaired a cluster that had damaged from c0ckrotch poo. When moisture became present it ate away the connections inside on the printed circuit board. I made repairs and last I heard its working.