F22 Raptor Exposed

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
What a waste of money this is and we scrapped our harriers for the f-35 jsf ??

(we should of got the SU-37 or maybe the T-50 )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaoYz90giTk]F22 Raptor Exposed - Why the F22 Was Cancelled - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a couple points, since I work in the business:
1. That was aired 4 years ago.
2. The B-1 bomber has parts of it built in all fifty states; that's not a new trick.
3. One problem that plagues most weapon development programs: the "sunk" costs to develop the design/software are fixed, it doesn't really change whether you build five, or five hundred, of the final product. As soon as a program slips in schedule or has additional costs (and most do) congress starts cutting funding, which always entails reducing the final number of aircraft. That automatically causes the price per copy of those fewer aircraft to go up, because the "sunk" development costs are spread over fewer and fewer copies.
4. A program can come under budget and ahead of schedule, in fact one did: the F-117. How? Being a black program, we didn't have congress' nose in it, we didn't have to go through endless audits, we didn't have to hire small/disadvantaged businesses, etc.
5. I am just as disgusted with wasted money as the average taxpayer. I have four more years to go to get my pension, and will be leaving the gov'mint on that day (I'll be 57). I won't retire, but I'll find something completely different, and meaningful, to do with the rest of my life. I've done some cool things over the past 30 years but the system just doesn't work anymore; greed is destroying us. :(

Hope I didn't get too political, moderators please delete if I did. :squid:

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Botch It needed saying.Thats the trouble with everything we do in the west.Too much technology instead of keeping it simple and cheap.
IMHO.

I knew it was old news, i was searching youtube for Sukhoi Pak fa t-50 and came across it thats all.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've also a little history building technical models that although now declassified were pretty hush hush at the time. There are a lot more things that go on when it comes to these technologies and it's sometime hard to piece together what is actually going on. So now we'll have urgency to build something new that works because the F-22 melts in the rain?

I want that new RPHA-10... Honey!.....my helmet feels sticky when it rains and gets wet! How could they build my helmet with such defects! :p:spank: