Fast then dead right turn signal.

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One day my right turn signals started flashing faster while the left one still blinked at a normal speed. I thought it was weird but assumed that maybe the bulb was about to go out. Sure enough the front right bulb eventually went out.
I went and put in a brand new one and now the new one doesnt work at all whatsoever (neither steady or flashing) and the old one did look burned out. The rear right one still blinks at a faster rate than normal however.

Checked all known fuses (even unrelated ones) and everything looks good there. Would it be the turn signal relay? I dont have my multimeter handy (its in my old apartment where I still have stuff in the basement till I move somewhere more permanent) and Im assuming that I would need to use that to check it?

Thanks everyone :)

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't heard of an OEM flasher relay going bad on an FZ6, but sure sounds like what you have there. Without a multimeter, you coyld take the chance and buy a new electronic flasher relay for $10. If that doesn't solve your problem, at least you have one if you want to upgrade to LED signals later. Maybe Cliff (motogiro) has some more wisdom than I in the matter.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/showthread.php?p=530656

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
In case you don't know if 1 bulb burns out the other will blink faster due to the difference in current draw.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kerr,
The front signal lamp is a dual filament. On filament for the running light and one filament for the blinker. The rear only has one filament for the blinker and it has no running lamp filament.

This means your replacement bulb has three wire contacts on the base. If you only have one filament and 2 contacts for the bulb you need to get the correct dual filament replacement lamp.

If you have the correct replacement lamp you may need to pull it out and turn it 180 degrees and reinstall it.

Hope this helps! :)

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to Cliff for making me take a second closer look I discovered that the wire had somehow broke off/ripped off for that turn signal. It looks like they all ripped out of some adapter looking plastic piece to hold all three wires together. Initially I thoght that piece just plugged into something else but all three wires I see are clearly ripped out....

Im still confused as to why it was working and then blew out in the first place when Im looking down and seeing the whole thing not connected to anything so Im still a little suspicious. *shrugs* For now though, case closed..... until till I get a chance to reattach that anyway (hopefully later).

Thanks everyone (and sorry for the false alarm lol)!!!! :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to Cliff for making me take a second closer look I discovered that the wire had somehow broke off/ripped off for that turn signal. It looks like they all ripped out of some adapter looking plastic piece to hold all three wires together. Initially I thoght that piece just plugged into something else but all three wires I see are clearly ripped out....

Im still confused as to why it was working and then blew out in the first place when Im looking down and seeing the whole thing not connected to anything so Im still a little suspicious. *shrugs* For now though, case closed..... until till I get a chance to reattach that anyway (hopefully later).

Thanks everyone (and sorry for the false alarm lol)!!!! :)

Just thought of something Ker. I'm wondering if you have a rodent! They have been known to take up residency chew wires and cause general havoc.

They love air cleaners so I'd check the airbox and filter etc.. :)