Finding relatives

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
This has nothing to do with bikes, but I'll ask anyway.

If I'm trying to locate my relatives in England, where would be the best place to start? The last I've heard of them they were living in Fleet, Hampshire.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
This has nothing to do with bikes, but I'll ask anyway.

If I'm trying to locate my relatives in England, where would be the best place to start? The last I've heard of them they were living in Fleet, Hampshire.

Might try starting with the phone book. The link is to the British Telecom directory, it's free. Go to the residential section, type name & location, see if anything pops up. Good luck.

Residential Numbers - The Phone Book from BT

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Might try starting with the phone book. The link is to the British Telecom directory, it's free. Go to the residential section, type name & location, see if anything pops up. Good luck.

Residential Numbers - The Phone Book from BT
Hi Bren, That would certainly be a good way to go about it. You could try tracking the electoral role. This has all the names of the people who have registered to vote. In the uk its now on line and free to access. I tried to find myself just by just adding my name and town. It came up with all the places I had ever lived. You could then use the phone book to access direct contact.
People Search - People Finder - 192.com

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Bren, That would certainly be a good way to go about it. You could try tracking the electoral role. This has all the names of the people who have registered to vote. In the uk its now on line and free to access. I tried to find myself just by just adding my name and town. It came up with all the places I had ever lived. You could then use the phone book to access direct contact.
People Search - People Finder - 192.com

I looked at that, I didn't realise you can some information for free. Definitely worth a stab :O)

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for your help guys. I'll check those links a little closer when I get home from work. :rockon: