First bike! Broke mirror!

ttrfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! I just recently purchased an Fz6 2005 model, great bike, After riding the first day when putting it in the garage it fell and broke the Mirror and turn signal.

Can anyone point me to a video/guide? I've seen a few videos but they already got the upper fairing off

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To access the mirror mounting bolts, simply pull off the BLACK, inner "fairings" (what you see when on the bike looking just below your gauges). The mirror nuts will be accessible then.

Parts 20 and 24(see below).

Hopefully, for the directional, you didn't bust off the fairing tab..

If you need the owners manual, I have it as a PDF. Pm me..

Capture.JPG

ttrfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i managed to get the left mirror off (the broke one) After some finagling, I couldn't exactly remove"20" im guessing "21" clips it or something? i removed the 2 big bolts and the one by the speedo which was enough wiggle room for my ratchet.

Got a spare order should be here saturday.

As for the left turn signal, it's still good but broke the lower fairing housing for it. I wanna epoxy it or something as that one side is 91$ !!!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you remove push/pull pin #23? Just look for any fasteners, or look close at the parts diagram.

The broken fairing "tab" is usually what breaks off on a tip over.. A good epoxy should handle it.
(It has on mine-same break)...

As a side note, the "fairing stay" (the main metal frame behind the fairing) usually gets bent in a med-hard tip over. It ain't cheap R&Ring it is involved. Point, be super careful about "drops.."
This ^^^^^, damage is why folks usually go naked and remove the entire fairing assembly.

ttrfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
its sticking towards the bottom, I removed the punch pin and all it seems lower. More than likely going the epoxy route