First deer of the season

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
During this morning's 60 mile rural ride I had a deer cross in front of me. It's happened before, but first of the season.

Not too close, but close enough to perk up and slow. I nearly rolled back on, but then remembered: where there's one, there's often more. No more Bambis fortunately.

Be safe in your early spring riding. :Flash:

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I don't need a hunting license I've hit four! Thankfully only one on a bike but I ended up in critical with a totaled bike too. Never saw it, ran across the other lane between traffic and the headlight glare blinded me. Woke up in the hospital. What am I doing here? We need more hunters and mountain lions. I use the horn a lot now and going around a bend it probably saved me as the horn stopped one in its tracks inches from my handlebar! Whew. Be extra careful at dawn and dusk

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I don't need a hunting license I've hit four! Thankfully only one on a bike but I ended up in critical with a totaled bike too. Never saw it, ran across the other lane between traffic and the headlight glare blinded me. Woke up in the hospital. What am I doing here? We need more hunters and mountain lions. I use the horn a lot now and going around a bend it probably saved me as the horn stopped one in its tracks inches from my handlebar! Whew. Be extra careful at dawn and dusk

4 and counting? At least your family will never go hungry at that rate!

But seriously, yikes! I'm glad you came out of that one. Thanks for the warning about the highest risk times.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Deer are evil. Stupid enough to die while also smart enough to plot intercept trajectory!

Came upon two the other night... Fizzer in stock sewing machine mode they'd plot their course. With the exhaust open and blaring through the 2 Bro cans, they always turn back!
A life saving win but one can't truly hang your hat on that everytime!