First ride since accident/mods

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
For the past couple months since my accident I've had all sorts of thoughts, ranging from i can wait to get back on, to, will I be able to.
But today I got my bike in working order and bolted up the new fairing and took it for a ride. Whoo! what a rush, never knew what I was missing :)
Also got to test out my new RF-1000, it's a little quieter and pretty comfy.

Took a couple pics of my progress. Still got a lot of modding to do!
mods2.jpg

mods1.jpg

To do list:
Install Red '07 grab rails and side panels
Install 15/48 sprockets
Install speedohealer
Install Stebel airhorn
Install FZ1 bars
Dual headlight mod and pod lights

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks pretty nice with the black fairing. So you are going with the red grab rails and black side panels?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool looking bike, it is nice to see one "Revived" and also glad that you still love the feel of her after your break.

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! Can't wait to see the finished results. The sprocket is pretty sweet,make sure you get a good picture!!!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Robot, looks really good!
Is that the Dark Smoke DB windscreen or the regular smoked?

It's the dark smoke. It came with the bike with the stickets already removed. You can barely see out of it on a sunny day, but I don't really need to, as it's hard to tuck with my bars/tank bag.

very nice sprocket!! you getting a red chain too?

Thanks! I'm gonna keep my old chain for now. If I end up replacing it I think a gold one would look so much better.

I really like how you and some other guys have different colored headlights, so I bought a Philips Motovision(orange hue) for the lowbeam and a Philips crystalvision(blueish) on the hi/low. The colors are really subtle, not as pronounces as yours, but they look great.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike...looks like we have twins...lol

I was thinkin' about getting the black side-pods, but I think I've spent enough on the bike. Im just going to enjoy it now!!...:rockon:

Again, sweet ride and Im glad to hear you rollin' again...:D

DSC01117.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like how you and some other guys have different colored headlights, so I bought a Philips Motovision(orange hue) for the lowbeam and a Philips crystalvision(blueish) on the hi/low. The colors are really subtle, not as pronounces as yours, but they look great.

mine is just an HID low beam and stock high beam, I am glad that you like it though.

Just a hint with the chain and sprockets. you always want to change them together. if one is worn and is mated up to a new one then the new one can take on the wear patterns of the worn out part which will reduce the life of whichever is newer.

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
Glad to hear you are back up and riding!!! I like the look of the bike as well.

Just curious as I wrecked about a year ago- how did you go down?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you are back up and riding!!! I like the look of the bike as well.

Just curious as I wrecked about a year ago- how did you go down?

Unlicensed/uninsured "driver" pulled a left turn infront of me, hit my rear tire causing it to slide and then it regained traction, resulting in a highside.
The most painful part was watching my bike slam against the pavement as I flew threw the air.

Today I hooked up my speedohealer, a fused SAE/cigarette socket lead, and a wire harness for the stebel airhorn. That thing is loud!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
someone beat me too it about the chain. They should always be changed together.... Im assuming the rear sprocket is aluminum. it will wear it out even faster than it is going to now. Keep and eye on it also being aluminum if the chain gets too loose it will bend the teeth and if left unattended they will break off.....