• I want both a Baseball hat and Beanie

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone interested in doing a Forum baseball cap for those off the bike moments.
The patch is brilliant and a great way to fly the flag. A baseball cap or Bennie would be sweet.
I am just throwing the idea out there as there are lots of very gifted design people on the forum who would make a much better job of it than I.

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Great Idea Nelly! Now that's using your Noggin! Haha, had to...
I really like the idea of a pre-made ball cap myself. Even if it's the currently offered Forum Patch sewn onto the ballcap by a qualified person, which I am not! Perhaps you were thinking about a secondary design for the cap & beanie? (Hense the call out for creative participants...)

One note I would like to make is that I'd like to see the Blue & Silver Yamaha Logo really stand out with "FZ6-Forum" equally sized. I'm interested to see what the desigerns out there may come up with. :cheer:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jus Bump'n... :)
Look'n for more input... Just roll'n thru...
Don't mind me... :)
There are a few interested, I guess we are waiting for someone with a bit of design experience.

I will have a chat to Smersh and see if he can give me the forum patch graphic to have a go myself.

This would be better done in the US as the majority of our members live there. Looking at EU sites and prices you guys in the US are going to be stung with the exchange rate.

Regardless I am going to do one myself. I have already decided to use my new forum patch on one and go from there.

Some designs would be great, so please post up.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm game for a cap.

If I still lived on Colorado I'd be up for a beanie.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was talking with Nelly earlier tonight (via pm) anway he asked if the design I played around with was still around.
I took this version from the jacket patch thread and modified it taking out "member" and enlarging the "enjoy life" bit.
This is a pretty small file I'll see if I can find a bigger version.
I knocked the design up pinching bitsn pieces from other artwork from all sorts of locations most of them lowish resolution. I might have a bigger file at work

anyway ladies and gents, for your perusal:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was talking with Nelly earlier tonight (via pm) anway he asked if the design I played around with was still around.
I took this version from the jacket patch thread and modified it taking out "member" and enlarging the "enjoy life" bit.
I knocked the design up pinching bitsn pieces from other artwork from all sorts of locations most of them lowish resolution. I might have a bigger file at work

Cheers Mate

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone mock up what the logo from the front of the tee-shirts would look like with the forum name below it. I think that would look pretty cool.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
had a look on the work pc, file is the same as I loaded last night, had a play with the layout, newer version looks better IMHO. But I do like the concept of using the tee shirt front logo or the logo on the pods of the bike, but there might be copyright issues? with that idea

for the t shirt logo we should ask Jay (YamahaMAXdRPMs) if its ok to use the design.

I looked at putting the forum name below and above Jays logo but it looked kinda weird with "FZ6" one on top of the other
as a reminder here are the other designs as well as the two I played with:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cost is the key here. Embroidery is expensive. I have mocked one up on a UK suppliers site and am waiting on costs.
It would also be cheaper to have them sent to an address in the UK rather than them coming to me in Ireland and being posted twice. I would be happy to facilitate the shipping if no one in the UK is able to do this.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi People, I have mocked two hats up using graphics provided by Adrian (thanks mate). The cost will be around £10 + postage. I will not make any profit from this venture and all costs will be devided equally amongst all purchasing parties. I have chosen a six panel cap that receives good customer ratings and the colour can be debated but I personally like navy blue.
Please have a look at their site to see all available options. I will not be held accountable for criticism or dissatisfaction if purchasing members have not provided any feedback on style or design.
The company can make the background transparent or filled. I can also ask if the USA caps (which will be the bulk of the order) can be shipped to an address in the USA to keep postage down. For this I will need a member who us willing to distribute stateside.
Please provide your feedback so we can get this moving.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the images haven't loaded, will try again.
ujy7avem.jpg

azebara8.jpg

Images done on my phone can't remove the magnifying image.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Actually Mate,
This is really good I will do a mock now with it.

Nelly

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Id take one of each depending on the designs.

Where is the manufacturer? I wonder if there is a USA based one some of us could use to cut down on shipping costs. Dont want to over complicate things however.

I like the black hat with the FZ6 motorcycle combo. On the back of that hat we could put the slogan and forum site address. Or maybe the slogan on the back and the website on the side? But I think it should be small, so it looks clean and not cluttered with words. Might even omit the yamaha logo and just keep the text.

Or just put the yamaha logo on the back of the hat(can we use it legally?). with the FZ6 bike logo on the front.

Just my two cents :)