Found a good deal on Saddlebags

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
yea, I just picked up the CL-900 mini saddlebags...hopefully they shipped out today and I'll get them today or early next week in time for my weekend road trip to MotoGP.

I plan to use those with a generic duffel bag which will be meshed down with a spider net with extra helmet and jacket for when I meet up with the lady :thumbup:

I picked them up for $76 including shipping to Los Angeles at Motorcycle Luggage from www.Motorcycle-Luggage.com

good hunting!

benzomatic

Reaction score
Visit site
UPS tracker shows they've arrived!! (that was a long friggin wait!).. took 8 days to get across the country. Anyway, can't wait to get home and load 'em on!!

( also, relieved by the lack of complains and unsatisfactory experiences from folks that have already bought these :)

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
yea, UPS shows mine as out for delivery to me today!!! that's overnight!

but that's only because I live in LA and Bakersfield (where the company i bought from is) is basically just a half-day trip from LA! Hopefully I'll have something fun to do when I get home tonight!

benzomatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Strapped 'em on as soon as I got home yesterday afternoon!!

Overall, I'm really happy -- and for $47 (shipped), they are a sweet deal! I'm a little disappointed that I can't fit my laptop in them -- will have to figure a a real solution to carry that. Maybe a flat rear seat bag?

My biggest worry, heat from the exhaust, has been put to rest! drove 35mins from home to work, with frozen leftovers from dinner along with a bottle of lemonade, in one of the bags and no problems at all!! I feel like the utility of my bike just quadrupled!!

Will post a few pics in a few days..

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
We have a lot of new members so I thought I would bump this since they are still selling the deluxe saddle bags and tank bags. Just search "teknics saddlebags" on ebay and you can find the store from there. I have had the deluxe saddle bags for 6 months now and almost never take them off my bike. They are still going strong after riding day in day out rain or shine and without a garage. I just picked up the tankbag a few days ago.

Remember to thank reiobard :thumbup:

saveitk

Reaction score
Visit site
I found these online, very nice sturdy bags... unfortunately, any bags over time will wear into your paint.. I only use these for winter riding to carry my over pants etc.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I found these online, very nice sturdy bags... unfortunately, any bags over time will wear into your paint.. I only use these for winter riding to carry my over pants etc.

I've had my bags for about a year now. They seem to have that same "padding" between the bike and the bag. No wearing yet :thumbup: (Nelson Rigg CL-900)

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about ready to order some of these. This one right?

TEKNICS Deluxe Sportbike Saddlebags-NEW!:eBay Motors (item 220398562101 end time Jul-17-09 10:02:57 PDT)

That just under $52 shipped -- not bad.

Only concern I have is them flapping around at high speed. I had that happen on a cruiser with a set of bags that just sat on the rear fender -- one flopped over onto the fender when I changed lanes. I ended up having to smack it back into place while at highway speed. I thought I read a post earlier that said they should've loaded the bags more evenly but I'm hoping you can strap them to the passenger pegs to keep them put.

Thanks,

Dennis