Found a good deal on Saddlebags

W

wrightme43

I ordered a set of the deluxe.

If you cut a piece of 1.25" pvc and slip it on the passenger foot pegs it makes for a nice support to keep the bags out of the wheel. You can also strap around it.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only did a 5 minute mount for pictures only, but i will spend some time and figure out where to run the straps to, the top and bottom are adjustable to prevent sag, the top is huge velcro straps and the bottom is the straps and clips. once it is setup to be the correct size it will make the install and removal a piece of cake.

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
I know several of us ordered bags on 4/9. Did any of you get shipping e-mail notifications? I haven't yet, and am getting a tad concerned.

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
try e-mailing the guy, they were pretty quick to respond with mine.

Their auction terms SPECIFICALLY state to wait at least 5 business days, before harassing them. So I figured I may as well honor that and wait another day or so to pester them. Just wanted to find out how soon folks on here got their stuff though.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Their auction terms SPECIFICALLY state to wait at least 5 business days, before harassing them. So I figured I may as well honor that and wait another day or so to pester them. Just wanted to find out how soon folks on here got their stuff though.

I ordered mine on Monday march 31st and they were delivered on Friday April 4th. 5 business days

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe they're really busy with orders or something. Still, doesn't make sense that I ordered mine a day later and got a tracking number already and others have had no communication. Oh well, that's ebay for you.

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
And go figure... I get home late tonight, and have a monsterous box sitting on my porch. Guess the UPS tracking e-mails got lost somewhere, but everything arrived today and looks great!

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone else get the tank bag and find a way to run the straps? It seems like it will stay in place pretty well with the magents but I can't find anyway to run the extra straps.

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone else get the tank bag and find a way to run the straps? It seems like it will stay in place pretty well with the magents but I can't find anyway to run the extra straps.

I actually cut the straps off, since they cannot be "hidden away." Since our tank is metal, the magnets are moer than adequate.

mistereman1

Reaction score
Visit site
The magnets seem pretty strong, but I haven't cut off the straps. Thought I'd wait until I load them up to see how the magnets hold. Has anyone loaded the tank bag up and gone for a ride??

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
The magnets seem pretty strong, but I haven't cut off the straps. Thought I'd wait until I load them up to see how the magnets hold. Has anyone loaded the tank bag up and gone for a ride??
I put on the base peice and then the upper/smaller bag. All I had in it was a hat but it stayed in place perfectly well at 90mph. I think if you had all three layers on there with stuff in them you may have issues.

I didn't touch the straps yet either. I think i'm going to see if i can get some more buckles and strap material and come up with a way to secure all 4 corners.

W

wrightme43

I ordered a set of the deluxe.

If you cut a piece of 1.25" pvc and slip it on the passenger foot pegs it makes for a nice support to keep the bags out of the wheel. You can also strap around it.

Recieved them today.

W

wrightme43

I put on the base peice and then the upper/smaller bag. All I had in it was a hat but it stayed in place perfectly well at 90mph. I think if you had all three layers on there with stuff in them you may have issues.

I didn't touch the straps yet either. I think i'm going to see if i can get some more buckles and strap material and come up with a way to secure all 4 corners.

I have tested my magnetic tank bag, expanded and loaded full at supralegal speeds. It doesnt move, LOL

W

wrightme43

I did have one lightly loaded saddle bag flip up and then flip over onto the seat behind me at again a very high rate of speed. It was almost empty and the other one still had stuff in it. I should of just taken them off and left them. Or at least ballanced the load. It was a mistake I wont make again.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did have one lightly loaded saddle bag flip up and then flip over onto the seat behind me at again a very high rate of speed. It was almost empty and the other one still had stuff in it. I should of just taken them off and left them. Or at least ballanced the load. It was a mistake I wont make again.

Was it these bags? were they clipped across the bottom? I loaded mine up the other day and took a spin, i couldn't even feel the load on the bike, it was pretty sweet.