Frame sliders are KING!

fzinger

Urban Cowboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Dropped my bike for the first time yesterday.

At the gas station. Was lifting her up on the centerstand, was about halfway up when my foot slips off the step of the stand. :disapprove:

The leather soles on my brand new boots were slick. I was on the left side, tried to save it, but all I managed to do was help to "set" it down; instead of just letting it fall.

My T-Rex frame slider took 95% of the damage. Slightly bent brake pedal (that bent right back) and just barely kissed the right bar end. That's it. No broken plastics, mirrors, etc. I was VERY lucky the bars were straight when it went down.

I rode for four months before finally breaking down and buying frame sliders. :spank:

I was one of the lucky ones. You may NOT be. Go get frame sliders!!!

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with u....i bought the frame sliders after I had my first fall(thank god no damage except minor scratches on left signal light).I learnt it the hard way.

these frame sliders are good investments for future mishaps.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
A perfect athlete can only be 90% confident in his or her success.

The missing 10% can be covered by framesliders.

Last edited:

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode all last year without them and thankfully never dropped it.

This weekend I finally put some frame sliders on. Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself, but I know some day I will drop my baby..........

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think it would be a cool idea for a frame slider company to use two dropped bikes as examples of the damage with and without them... it would cost a little money to purposefully drop a bike... but i think they would make it up real quick when it shows how much damage is avoided with frame sliders.

Stevenator

I'll be back...eventually
Reaction score
Visit site
Being new to the Motorcycle and FZ6 community (picked up my 08 raven last tuesday!!) before I left the yard, I had them put on frame sliders. Thankfully I haven't had to test them out, but I'd rather be safe than sorry with my new baby!!! This whole 6k rpm thing is gonna kill me for the remaining 400 miles....

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i think it would be a cool idea for a frame slider company to use two dropped bikes as examples of the damage with and without them... it would cost a little money to purposefully drop a bike... but i think they would make it up real quick when it shows how much damage is avoided with frame sliders.
:thumbup: :thumbup: Ever consider a career in Marketing? :thumbup: :thumbup:

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
why are you putting your bike on the center stand at the pump? Think about everything that is on the concrete at a pump... gas, oil, ect. There are a number of things you can slip on when putting it on the center stand so is it worth the extra squirt of fuel you get from the center stand? just my opinion

on a side note... glad you had the sliders

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
why are you putting your bike on the center stand at the pump? Think about everything that is on the concrete at a pump... gas, oil, ect. There are a number of things you can slip on when putting it on the center stand so is it worth the extra squirt of fuel you get from the center stand? just my opinion

on a side note... glad you had the sliders

i agree, i personaly stay on bike and sit it up right while filling up, then put back down on side stand and go pay, just person preferance :) Also i have not yet purchased frame sliders, have had bike nearly two years and have had 2 incidents :/ requiring a fair bit of money and time. Think i might invest in some, just incase :) :thumbup:

S

sm00thpapa

I agree with u....i bought the frame sliders after I had my first fall(thank god no damage except minor scratches on left signal light).I learnt it the hard way.

these frame sliders are good investments for future mishaps.

Same with me I layed it down gently in the grass so no damage except the left turn signal broke off but I put it back on easy. I have the frame sliders in hand and just have to put them on now.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Frame sliders were the 1st thing I did to my bike. I sure hope hope I never have to test them out though.

kaloaloa

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, frame sliders are important. But, what's a good brand? Can anyone link me a good pair of frame sliders? Or, are they all the same?

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to get some frame sliders, but for some unfortunate reasons they keep falling further down my list.

rypsis

Reaction score
Visit site
I was scared off by the broken frames in crashes.

Ditto.

That's why I made small cuts in the necks of the bolts, that mount the frame sliders on. The cuts are right under the head of the bolt and are made around the whole circumference. I took probably 1/3 of the thickness of the bolt off.

And should it snap off, there should be at least 1.5 inchess of bolt protruding out, so it can be removed without drilling. And even if it snaps off, the bolt is still in the bolt hole of the frame, so it will keep supporting the engine, no matter what.

Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk.

LadyDi

Reaction score
Visit site
Put mine down for the first time yesterday... oooopppss

Luckily a bus driver helped me pick it back up. :-D Thank you mr. busdriver. And thank you to my t-rex frame sliders for preventing any damage.

jmun

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the OES frame sliders last Thursday, they arrived today, from Yamaha FZ6 Frame Sliders, 48.00 delivered. Thanks to another poster from this forum, cant remember who the poster is however. Took 10 minutes to put on, including time to unbox and admire them. I wont know if they are worth it until I fall down... Hopefully I spent the 50$ for nothing.

Good Luck!!