Free - Ortlieb soft saddlebags

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about trying to get some cash for these but - as I (well, my buddy) was the recipient of a free jacket from Erci, who is one cool guy btw - it seems appropriate to gift these, should anyone be interested. Plus which, there is a wealth of information on these forums, and with the collected wisdom around here... you all rock. So here you go.

I've never personally used them - they came with the bike (from the previous owner). PO said they are waterproof, have been used on trips to FL and Tail of the Dragon twice. I think this is the setup-instructions here: https://www.ortlieb.com/wp-content/themes/ortlieb-theme/pdf/anleit/moto-speedbag.pdf

They seem pretty sturdy/good shape, no reason to think they aren't still water-proof. The top folds/rolls over. More pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/LVGuq27vU1aWvm649 (including the brackets as they were installed on my bike)

Note that I'll include the brackets pictured, if you want them. If not, can give them away separately. Honestly I'm not certain if they are needed.

You pay shipping (from 18976). I'd prefer to stick to continental US (just have no idea on int'l shipping). Not sure what that amount would be, but given their size/bulk, it's probably not gonna be a fiver. All I ask is at some point, if you no longer use/need them, pass them on to another good home.

DSC01634.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am really interested can you weigh them so I can check shipping to Australia
thanks

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
agf, PM sent.

Have in box that is 16' x 12' by 12' USPS estimates weight at 7 lbs. 6.8 oz. This includes both bags and the 2 brackets (if you want to estimate shipping, Chapin).

agf has first dibs...

MakersTeleMark

Reaction score
Visit site
I have these bags and they are great, but take a tip and get some spare plastic buckles from Ortlieb. They will eventually fatigue from wear and exposure.

Ortlieb sent me 2 packages for free. Great bags, and customer service.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_3977.jpgIMG_3979.jpgIMG_3988.jpg

Hey look what arrived on my desk today.
A big thanks to Greg for packaging and sending thses little beauts through.
Have already been talking about weekend escapades with the other half