Front and Rear sprocket torque specs?

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Why you people insist on using that imperial system ... metric looks way better :BLAA:

and please please please don't call your "football" football, that is not a ball and you almost only use your feet for running not for kicking it :BLAA:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

mukulu

Reaction score
Visit site
Like Cali said, dont torque the rear nuts to 100Nm. I did, and I ended up having to buy another sprocket carrier. The second time around, I used some red thread locker, and torqued them all to 50, then again to 65.
Hope this helps

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
even having read this thread I got myself in trouble and stripped one bolt when tightening to 85Nm....:spank:

fortunately my local shop were able to do a quick fix and the mechanic who seems skilled said he never tightens those nuts beyond 45Nm interestingly.....just FWIW

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
even having read this thread I got myself in trouble and stripped one bolt when tightening to 85Nm....:spank:

fortunately my local shop were able to do a quick fix and the mechanic who seems skilled said he never tightens those nuts beyond 45Nm interestingly.....just FWIW

Yep, the nuts used, have a self locking insert built in (some folks believe its an added on c-clip, which it isn't).

As for the torque value, the Yamaha manual, for both the 04-06 & 07-09 has to be a misprint. There's no way to get that much torque on a stud that small. No reason for it to be that tight if you could..

Some loctite wouldn't hurt on the nut either...

**Something just brought to light, in the Yamaha PDF shop manuals, for the 07-09 shop manual, it shows the same swingarm and adjusters as the 04-06 model. Obviously, they changed the design in the S2.

Last edited: