Reaction score
Visit site

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still on my OEM pads and I have 100k miles on my bike. And I do use both brakes, versus many who might just use the front, which may explain why I have managed to lengthened the life of my front pads. Either way, nothing wrong with the OEM.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I have those Bikemaster pads in the front. I like how Organic pads feel, the harder you pull the better they stop instead of that almost light switch feel. Also organic pads are pretty easy on the disk.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Bikemaster pads are made in the same factory that makes pads for Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki and many car manufactures.

Do you have a source for that? Did a quick google search earlier and could barely find any info on them.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the EBC HH ones. They're made in the US, not in some developing country, so I'll keep them.
I was suprized that they don't have a groove in the middle

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still on my OEM pads and I have 100k miles on my bike. And I do use both brakes, versus many who might just use the front, which may explain why I have managed to lengthened the life of my front pads. Either way, nothing wrong with the OEM.
how much of that is highway riding, VegasR? :Sport:

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of EBC on the way, and I am looking forward to seeing if there is going to be a big difference from the OEM. I always found the braking in the front wasn't as sensitive as I would like (with the OEM parts)--I had to squeeze really hard for them to really grip. I am hoping the EBC will grip a lot better, with less effort.

I put on just under 24000Kms on my OEM front brake pads. I was getting my michelin pilot road 4s put on and I learned that my front bake pads needed to be changed. One side is almost down to the metal. I didn't know this, but I was told and learned that the calipers need to be cleaned often (especially if you ride year around) because they gum up easily with grim. Consequently, one set of my front break pads wore faster than the other side because that caliper's pistons were sticking and not retracting enough and causing the pads to wear prematurely.

A word of advice, especially if you ride year around in a variety of weathers, clean your calipers!!

What do you think of these:
BikeMaster Organic Brake Pads - BikeBandit.com

Or, is it worth to pay more for these (and why)
EBC Sintered Double-H Brake Pads - BikeBandit.com