Front wheel alternatives

Davidk

Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve mounted some 2003 r6 forks on my 2004 fz6. I was wondering what wheel will fit on the 2003 r6 forks and axle, besides the obvious, a 2003 r6 wheel. The reason I ask is because I can’t find one on eBay that isn’t bent or doesn’t come with tire etc. So if there was another wheel that would mount up without having to modify anything that I could keep an eye out for that’d help a lot thank you.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might go to any Yamaha parts supplier and cross reference the wheel part number with wheel part number of other Yamaha bikes.
For instance: Check to see if an R1 wheel might have the same Yamaha part number as the R6 wheel you're looking for. With a match this will widen what's available to you in the used parts market.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
It’s not so obvious if the R6 wheel will fit. The FZ6 forks are spaced further apart than the R6 forks. This is the reason why the axle spacers are needed when using the R6 forks (with the FZ6 wheel).
If you try using the R6 wheel, you will need extra thickness in your axle spacers and extra thickness of caliper spacer washers.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve mounted some 2003 r6 forks on my 2004 fz6. I was wondering what wheel will fit on the 2003 r6 forks and axle, besides the obvious, a 2003 r6 wheel. The reason I ask is because I can’t find one on eBay that isn’t bent or doesn’t come with tire etc. So if there was another wheel that would mount up without having to modify anything that I could keep an eye out for that’d help a lot thank you.
^+1 I assume you don't want to use the FZ6 wheel with the custom spacers? That is what I used on my 05 when I did the swap 3 years ago and everything works fine.