Fuel Gauge blinking ... please help

Osage Plains

Reaction score
Visit site
Resurrecting the thread again:

My 2007 started having the flashing fuel gauge issue after a period of just sitting in the garage. For the most part it would just flash 8 times, off for three, back to the flashing, and occasionally it would go solid and show an incorrect fuel level.

A couple weeks ago I put some fuel system cleaner in the tank and filled it up. Operated perfectly for a week, with no flashing and no apparent incorrect fuel level showing, then it spontaneously started glitching again a couple days ago.

What could the issue possibly be if it alternates between periods of fuel gauge gremlins and periods of working just fine?

When it started working properly after putting in fuel system cleaner, I'd assumed it has some gunky old ethanol gas gumming up the gauge arm and that the cleaner had done the trick. It's my hope that a few more tanks with treatment will be done with that issue, if that is the case, but if it's not, what might I be looking at?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure your connectors are clean and secure. I could be there is varnish buildup on the wiper assembly. You may have to pull the fuel pump. and clean the sensor.

Osage Plains

Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure your connectors are clean and secure. I could be there is varnish buildup on the wiper assembly. You may have to pull the fuel pump. and clean the sensor.

Thanks for the reply; I'll keep that option on the backburner. From everything I've seen, pulling the assembly from the tank is a dreadful operation.