FZ-07 coming to US

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the deal with the bronze engine parts?

They started that on the Vmax, always found it pretty ugly, can't believe they are starting this trend on the whole range!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed the bronze too. :don'tknow:

Still a nicely spec'd, good looking bike for the entry-level market.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also great for a more economic bike with great MPG. Even though it has less horsepower it has a little more torque than the FZ6 which might make it little friendlier in stop n go traffic around town. :)

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually really interested in this bike. I'v been eyeing the FZ09 for awhile but.... the FZ07 is cheaper to buy, insure, and fuel. Supposedly it has much better throttle response as well. It'll be really interesting to test ride one of these.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to see if actually gets that mileage, I'm not too optimistic it will. That's honestly the most appealing part to me

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed, the mileage and possibly cheaper insurance is what would draw me in. If those two points are too close to the FZ09, I probably wouldn't pick the FZ07.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion, Yamaha has gotten it wrong ever since they have discontinued the FZ6, and has been trying to fix that mistake ever since. Wouldn't be all surprised that that FZ6 makes a comeback within the next few years.

The FZ7 looks no different than those Electric Bikes called the Zero.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion, Yamaha has gotten it wrong ever since they have discontinued the FZ6, and has been trying to fix that mistake ever since. Wouldn't be all surprised that that FZ6 makes a comeback within the next few years.

I noticed that too haha, I'm a big fan of the Zero though so it's a partial pro

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw the MT-07 at my local dealer a few weeks ago, I didn't even know it existed before then. I'm not a fan of twins, my last one was a 1980 CB400N, but it is pretty radical looking.

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
I got to ride it! Very lightweight and torquey, flickable, comfy upright position. Great bike. Can power wheelie ;) (don't tell the demo ride guys)

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually really interested in this bike. I'v been eyeing the FZ09 for awhile but.... the FZ07 is cheaper to buy, insure, and fuel. Supposedly it has much better throttle response as well. It'll be really interesting to test ride one of these.

Define better throttle response? You may mean toned down throttle response lol. Anything after 1/8th throttle with a 9 will result in all 65ftlbs :)

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Define better throttle response? You may mean toned down throttle response lol. Anything after 1/8th throttle with a 9 will result in all 65ftlbs :)

I should have said on/off throttle response. I'm test riding a FZ09 next week and will come to my own conclusion, but all the reviews make it sound like the on/off response is really bad on it.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I should have said on/off throttle response. I'm test riding a FZ09 next week and will come to my own conclusion, but all the reviews make it sound like the on/off response is really bad on it.

It's not bad as some people make it out to be ypu get used to it relatively quick. I hardly notice in traffic on A mode

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Speaking of Zero, I stopped by a Triumph shop a couple of days ago for a part, and they are now a Zero dealer. I would like to try one out for kicks. The model they had on the floor claims 106 ft lbs of torque. It does have the look of an FZ-07, for sure.