FZ6 Exhaust ?

Dr Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Do any reputable manufactures still produce exhausts for the FZ6? Having trouble finding an exhaust for my bike. Trying to stay away from the eBay route. Would love a Two Brothers but it seems they are discontinued after talking with them on the phone.. and I’m guessing most other major name brands? Sorry I’m sure this has been discussed previously any info would be great and/or suggestions on current exhaust manufactures.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Dr Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
See I was looking for those as well look great! But again I found the same online... everything is “out of stock” which I’m guessing basically means for our bike discontinued. Only real options I’m seeing are on eBay like the Delkevic, the dominator, Leo Vince and GPR with the latter two being shipped from overseas (I’m in the states). Really bummed that nobody makes exhausts for these anymore i was so looking forward to throwing a set of Two Brothers on it right after I bought it never even thought about them being discontinued.. if anybody has anymore info please let me know!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
See I was looking for those as well look great! But again I found the same online... everything is “out of stock” which I’m guessing basically means for our bike discontinued. Only real options I’m seeing are on eBay like the Delkevic, the dominator, Leo Vince and GPR with the latter two being shipped from overseas (I’m in the states). Really bummed that nobody makes exhausts for these anymore i was so looking forward to throwing a set of Two Brothers on it right after I bought it never even thought about them being discontinued.. if anybody has anymore info please let me know!

Early on I was looking at exhausts as my first mod. I bought into the 'Loud pipes save lives' and convinced myself it was a safety upgrade. Then I started looking at what was available and what the cost was. It dawned on me that no one NEEDS an exhaust, they (like me) WANT one because they sound beautiful. Then I drilled out the muffler on my stock 05 and the sound got throatier. Not like aftermarket pipes, not even close. But it dawned on me that drilling the exhaust gave me 80% of what I was looking for, and that to get the remaining 20% would cost me more than $500. To me, the minimal gains are not worth the costs. It will not make the bike perform better, at least not noticeably. And if you are riding so close to the edge of the performance envelope that the weight savings make a big difference to you, you need to get on a different bike.

So full disclosure, I ALMOST bought a Delkevic system over the winter, but just before I pulled the trigger, I instead bought an Ohlins rear shock (which I am STILL waiting for). I still WANT an exhaust, but for that kind of money you can make some serious improvements elsewhere.

So in the end, I have my drilled stock exhaust. Now if someone wants to past with heir Scorps for $200, let me know. Scott, are you listening :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So in the end, I have my drilled stock exhaust. Now if someone wants to past with heir Scorps for $200, let me know. Scott, are you listening :)

$200 ABOVE what I paid for em 10 years ago?? Naw, I like em too much...

You do have "first dibs" if I wreck/part out the bike (not likely :) )

Dr Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree and completely understand what you’re saying. You make a very good point without a doubt. Thetwo main things I am after only one can be partially achieved by drilling the stock exhaust. I do want the sound not only so others can hear me but more importantly so I can hear it I love the sound of an aftermarket exhaust. Drilling into the stock exhaust will almost fully accomplish that. But the other thing I’m really going for is the look. I really think they look great like the scorps and Two Brothers that oval shape preferably black or carbon and two true dual pipes coming up under the tail. I’m going for an all or mostly black theme on this bike and I think that those pipes make the bike look complete.. and hey if I am able to save some weight that’s great too cause I’m not the lightest guy out there (working on that) so any weight saved is good in my book and a nice added plus to the whole scenario. I am making a list in my head of other things planned for the bike but the exhaust is a pretty important centerpiece of it all for me!

I think you have convinced me though in the meantime I probably will go ahead and drill out that stock muffler haha

cowbasa

Reaction score
Visit site

LeoVince still produce some FZ6 pipes. I do not know if there is a difference between ABS/non ABS versions. I guess not, but you can contact them and ask. They have for 04-06 years too.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree and completely understand what you’re saying. You make a very good point without a doubt. Thetwo main things I am after only one can be partially achieved by drilling the stock exhaust. I do want the sound not only so others can hear me but more importantly so I can hear it I love the sound of an aftermarket exhaust. Drilling into the stock exhaust will almost fully accomplish that. But the other thing I’m really going for is the look. I really think they look great like the scorps and Two Brothers that oval shape preferably black or carbon and two true dual pipes coming up under the tail. I’m going for an all or mostly black theme on this bike and I think that those pipes make the bike look complete.. and hey if I am able to save some weight that’s great too cause I’m not the lightest guy out there (working on that) so any weight saved is good in my book and a nice added plus to the whole scenario. I am making a list in my head of other things planned for the bike but the exhaust is a pretty important centerpiece of it all for me!

I think you have convinced me though in the meantime I probably will go ahead and drill out that stock muffler haha

If you want to spend some money on something that will have an immediate improvement in safety and riding enjoyment, ditch the front forks cause they stink! You can either install Racetech Gold Valve Emulators like @Gary in NJ did, or swap in a set of 2003 ish R6 forks like I did. I bought my 05 FZ6 9 years and 64,000 miles ago and of ALL the changes I have made, NOTHING has changed the performance of the bike like this. I had friends of mine nagging me for years (thanks @ShoopCE and @motojoe122) but I never thought the stock forks were an issue. And I never would have if I hadn't given in and made the change.

Don't take it from me, ask around.

Dr Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve only had the bike for a few weeks now only has roughly 7k miles.. now that you mention the forks and I think about it I do sort of notice they don’t feel quite right. Again not a whole lot of experience quite yet but they seem really soft and squishy not too firm. I am a bigger guy though so that could also have an effect and all the more reason to get a more solid firm setup.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve only had the bike for a few weeks now only has roughly 7k miles.. now that you mention the forks and I think about it I do sort of notice they don’t feel quite right. Again not a whole lot of experience quite yet but they seem really soft and squishy not too firm. I am a bigger guy though so that could also have an effect and all the more reason to get a more solid firm setup.

I rave about the fork improvements and I fully expect to do it again when i get the Ohlins shock for the rear....

Dr Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
After riding the bike these past 3 weeks it seems to be a very nice handling bike. I definitely do need to adjust some of the suspension though to perfect it for myself and really feel comfortable pushing it some. The main thing that has stood out to me is when I open it up in first and shift into second the bike seems to lift off the ground a tiny bit just enough to get the wheel up for a split second and then it does a pretty harsh wobble back in forth in the steering and then smooths out after it comes back down. Does this have to do with the front forks/suspension or possible the rear settings as well?

Doesn’t bother me so much and almost seems normal to me now that I’m used to it. It’s something I am going to want to address sooner than later though so I know that I’m not going to eat the pavement because of something like this.

Dr Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m looking on the site what model would my bike be if it’s a 09 faired model from the states would that be a FZ6 Fazer S2 07-10 over on the other side?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are these the R6 forks? They have air in them and are adjusted by psi? That’s crazy messed with car suspension but not with any bike stuff yet.

Nope, stock FZ forks.. Once the schrader vales were installed, it took some experimentation with PSI. I found about 16PSI just perfect.

Got rid of excess sag, tightened the nose up nicely. Might loose 2 lbs in a year and a half, maybe...

I did drill a spare set of caps (didn't know if I'd like em) on the lathe but a regular drill motor would be fine. I think I used JB Weld to seal the valves to the caps.

Note; way back, before the newer adjustable forks, air was used in forks in many bikes, including dirt bikes, bike street bikes so it's really nothing new..