FZ6 fazer s2 2008 meter front cover

nikolica

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

i'm new to this site and I suppose I'm posting this to on the right place.

So I have this kind of a problem - some idiot has punched my meter in the front and the glass has cracked (the plastic is a little bit too).

It is pointless to buy a 400 euro part for only a little bit of plastic because Yamaha sells this part as one - not in few parts.

If someone has an idea how to repair it or where can I find only the front cover (repair shops etc) please tell me.

Thanks

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
you might fleebay the whole assembly even with a cut wiring harness????

search the web for salvage yards and write them for even if this item isn't listed looking for a damaged meter.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

nikolica

Reaction score
Visit site
Thx FinalImpact, I have found someone that can make the same plastic with all proper dimension.
But the problem is that the glass can't be taken out without breaking it.

So I made a few photos with a 1:1 ratio and I'm gonna try to replace (break) the old one with the new.

I hope I'll get the things done :confused: If it fails, I'll try to find a new cover on the net (from scrap yards).

Thanks anyway :) I'll post the results these days...

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thx FinalImpact, I have found someone that can make the same plastic with all proper dimension.
But the problem is that the glass can't be taken out without breaking it.

So I made a few photos with a 1:1 ratio and I'm gonna try to replace (break) the old one with the new.

I hope I'll get the things done :confused: If it fails, I'll try to find a new cover on the net (from scrap yards).

Thanks anyway :) I'll post the results these days...

Your gonna need some really good glue to seal that in. One that can survive the heat, humidity, cool, and vibrations. I have no idea what they used but I know of several high end bikes that fail to properly bond rear view mirrors in place. Granted, the adhesive may pull the backing off the mirror as its not clean glass like your glass, but I'm not sure what I'd use given the same situation. It may be some real high quality double sided tape??

Some of the products we make must endure allot and hope for your sake there is some kind of tab, brace, holding device used to also keep the glass in place and keep it sealed.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Abstract - before you pop it out, take it to a window shop that fills chips in auto windows and see if they can inject filler into those cracks!