Fz6 immobilized problem

paintkingston

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not new to the group but new to interaction, I have had my fz6 now for about 6 years (see attached pic) and have loved every minute of it,
However some local hoody tried to Nick it and has cut through the immobiliser wires by the ignition, they can't be fixed nothing there too solder too, so my question is can the immobilized be removed from the ecu so that I can just run it without.
Any help would be much appreciatedIMG_20181001_165150.jpgIMG_20181001_165150.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have little experience with the immobilizer. There is another circuit on the bike that may also be damaged so that even if you correct your immobilizer problem the bike still may not start. I would imagine that there is not much technical info on bypassing the immobilizer for the obvious reason that that info would help a thief. We do know you will probably need to get a new unit and it may also need to handshake with the ECU in addition to the red key.
Those red wheels really pop! Look great with the black!:)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also I noticed your engine and frame color are what was used on the 04 to 05 (S1) US FZ6 models but your sub frame and swing arm are (S2) genre. The tail section is also different?

Last edited:

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post some pics of the ignition lock? Most likely you could open up the lock housing and find something to solder to...
Otherwise, cheapest option will be getting a USA ECU (they run with no immobilizer).

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post some pics of the ignition lock? Most likely you could open up the lock housing and find something to solder to...
Otherwise, cheapest option will be getting a USA ECU (they run with no immobilizer).

Looks like an S1 with an S2 rear section, S2 swing arm, etc..

If you can just put a US ECU (might have to do the ignition switch too) W/O other mods (plug and play) would be the way to go.

**Contact these folks: https://www.carmo.nl/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4106&sort=20a&language=en
They should be able to give you some solid answers and likely help with the issue...

Last edited:

paintkingston

Reaction score
Visit site
The for your replies. I have ordered a Yamaha im mobiliser emulator of eBay which I am not sure will work but for £8 it's worth a try, I think I'll get rid of the key ignition of that works and fit a keyless start device.
As I think everyone knows it's a 2005 fz6n and I upgraded all the s2 parts to make it look more modern, the tail section that I thought everybody would notice ( but you don't seem to have) is an original Yamaha accessorie from the fz6 metal brochure seem to be extremely rare never seen another in life or on the net. It was originally bare brushed aluminium lacquered but prefer it black.
Other mods Inc r6 head gasket and camshaft.
Ebc race clutchb 520 chain conversion 14t front 50t rear
Decat scorpion exhaust
Racetech suspension front and rear with gold emulators 10 weight form oil.
Metzeller m7rr tyres.
Clip on handlebars
Stealth indicators and rear light
Speedo healer
Power commander.

There's probably more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope didn't notice the tail (plastic) section. Looks super clean...

Question, how do you access the fuses that are usually under the right side pod?
Do you have a bunch of things to remove?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Besides the immobilizer there may be another problem with the bike that is very common from attempted theft when that involved cutting the ignition switch wires. Shorting those wires can damage the diodes in a relay assembly called the, "Starter circuit cut-off relay assembly" This unit is next to the headlamp relay and costs about $35 US. It interrupts fuel pump/injection power and starter ability when specific safety protocol are not met.

This something to keep in mind once you replace the obviously damaged module.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about all the auto correct in that lot typing on my fire he
The again for your help, I will post back my progress on here in case anybody else suffers this kind of problem in the future.
Any progress?

Sent from Moto's Motorola

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Read Cliff's post again. There is small part that needs replaced after theft attempt. It accounts for your current issues.

As for yanking the immobilizer - no easy task and not worth it. It is very interwoven into the oem harness.

Rims do look nice btw!
Add some ignition advance and that engine should come to life in a new way!!!