Need Help FZ6 NS1 throttle opens only 62 pc.

Ansghar1233

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

After i Bought fz6 i notice that acceleration on 4-5 gear is not as good as it should . I cheack diag 1 and my throttle works smoothly but ony in a range 16-62 and no more.
I attach picture of element that i supouse is blocking my trhottle to open fully it blocks over this part that I circle red.
Is this normal element, can I some how reprogram throttle to go to 100?? P.s SOORY for my english , no nativ speaker :(
20220909_221005.jpg

Ansghar1233

Reaction score
Visit site
Soo.. if I understand correcly i need to fold or cut one plate to get from my 78 to 98HP? Or is this further restricton from 78km to lests say 50km?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't quite understand the second question..

In short, the 78HP plate simply stops the throttle from opening 100%.

Replace, trim, etc the 78 HP plate to look like and operate like the 98HP plate to get the full potential of the engine..

Ansghar1233

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't quite understand the second question..
In Europe there where two trim of the engin power releas frome the factory, 78 and 98 HP , the difference, from what I read, was not only this plate but also ECU settings.
What i ment is that if 78HP engine has this throttle preventing from opening fully (only to 62 %) then it is realy 50HP engine? If i remove this restriction will the engine be working proprerly, or for examle more air will be entering by open throttle but amount of fule injected will stay the same becouse ECU control this, so engine weill be going leen and overheat?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In Europe there where two trim of the engin power releas frome the factory, 78 and 98 HP , the difference, from what I read, was not only this plate but also ECU settings.
What i ment is that if 78HP engine has this throttle preventing from opening fully (only to 62 %) then it is realy 50HP engine? If i remove this restriction will the engine be working proprerly, or for examle more air will be entering by open throttle but amount of fule injected will stay the same becouse ECU control this, so engine weill be going leen and overheat?
You would feel the lean out right away.
The throttle body assembly is attached to the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) the TPS tells the ECU to add more fuel in line with what position it is in. I'd be willing to bet there is no software difference in the ECU and allowing the throttle to rotate to that second stop will allow full engine performance.
Some countries have learner restrictions and this may be the issue with this throttle wheel. After a learner passes they can use the full throttle capability.
Can any members in EU comment on this? I know there my be limited CC's but maybe also throttle restriction?

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Please note, do no cut the section you have circled, but the first tab on the throttle wheel which is hitting where you have circled

Ansghar1233

Reaction score
Visit site
Please note, do no cut the section you have circled, but the first tab on the throttle wheel which is hitting where you have circled
Yes of course , now i see it :)

Well I was looking more about the topic and it is more complicated, ignition module are different in 78 and 98 models, so cuting only this plate dosn't make 98 HP alone, ignicion module has to be change - air/fule mixture has to be adjust.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes of course , now i see it :)

Well I was looking more about the topic and it is more complicated, ignition module are different in 78 and 98 models, so cuting only this plate dosn't make 98 HP alone, ignicion module has to be change - air/fule mixture has to be adjust.
I have never heard this regarding the ECU. Please give reference.
If cutting the additional restriction tab off the throttle wheel allows full throttle and TPS range the engine should produce the power it was designed to produce.
If the ECU would be restricted it, it would probably be rev limited or speed limited.

Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the throttle restrictor reduces available throttle by 20%….let’s do the math:

98 x .8 = 78.4

Well, will you look at that.

StoicSage, if you open the throttle more, you will obviously get more power. Did you expect it to remain at 78hp when are adding more fuel and air?