FZ6 S Fazer 78 HP to 98 HP re-set

sem_tarusa

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello.
I am the owner of FZ-6 with 78 HP too bothered alteration. On the Russian site found a post that is not just enough to bend limiter. following text from the site fazerclub.ru

In Germany there are three types of Fazer FZ6:
1. 98hp S2 - phasers (after 2007), the standard card in the unit for 98hp
2. 78l.s. -Dorestaylovy phaser too, after 2007, with a round instrument cluster, standard card in the block 78 hp.
3. 34l.s. - Choked up 34l.s. in Germany only those you can drive if you are under 25 years of age.

For our phasers sell official dealer sets:
1. To increase the capacity of 78 -> 98 hp
2. To lower the power:
a. 98 -> 78 hp (Yes, it happens sometimes, because of insurance)
b. 78 -> 34 hp
c. 98 -> 34 hp, this is essentially the sum of a set of b

By dileskim instructions
- If the ILO and the ECU was originally 78 hp, for the conversion of 78 -> 98 hp need to replace the pulley wheel (in Russia can restrict limb limiter ) and PIN 2 shorted to ground.
- If the ILO and the ECU was originally 98 hp, for the conversion of 98 -> 78 hp you need to put a wheel with a limiter and PIN 6 shorted to ground.
- If someone suddenly wants to strangle to 34 hp, then you need to choke up to 78 and even put additional. throttle limiter.

In short, the point is that in the ESU, which went to the originally 78-strong motorcycle, mass at PIN 2 includes perfumed card.
In turn, the control unit, which originally went to polnosilnyh motorcycles mass at PIN 6 includes strangled card.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting;
So, not to dispute the drawing above but as best I can tell the CPU pin out (looking into the the CPU connector), is left to right bottom row is 1 -> 17

The US FSM shows no connection to Pin 2 and pin 6 goes to a wire designated as "D" (Pin #6 wire colors Y/R) which connects to nothing on our bikes.

EDIT: 2013-09-08 SEE POST # 50 - the pin out here is INCORRECT!!! http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...-s-fazer-78-hp-98-hp-re-set-2.html#post556056
attachment.php

Of course there are other ways to "count" the pin out, but that way has a whopping 2 points that line up with actual Pin outs called out in the FSM. I'm open if someone can show some proof as to which way is correct.

I was curious where 2 and 6 would go and what function they would have. I found nothing. Can someone from Europe post the PN of your ECM?

2013-08-12 Added Label drawing:

Reference the 2007 FSM for item descriptions to MATCH the ITEM numbers although most are self explanatory. ** Not responsible for errors ** :D
attachment.php

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Petervankessel

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my wife hasn't driven a motorcycle since she droppend a rentalbike at the Gardalake in Italy in 2004.

The lowered FZ6 (awesome for her) which we now bought is the 78hp model. This is enough for her, BUT since her son was used to a tuned 127hp 2007 R6 i thought it would be nice to set it to 98hp.

Now the search is on for a Akrapovic or Leovince exhaust for some extra noise! :rockon:

So Peter did your wife buy a restricted model which she had to convert, or does she have a restricted license (and you derestricted it for a spin ;))?

Here are a couple of threads with pics:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-performance-mods-section/46722-fz6-s-fazer-78-hp-98-hp-re-set.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/43991-fz6-s1-factory-throttle-restriction-help.html#post509408

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure that 1 is bottom row? WHen i looked at the plug I am sure I could se 1 printed on the top row.

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!
Here is the Revised pin out! Anyway, just because our bike does not have a wire at that location, doesn't mean the ECU doesn't use it in some way. We need the technical design specification or someone who knows!!

Revised PIN OUT! 2013-09-07:
FZ6ECUPINOUT_zps0b10c633.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, if I had a choice, when buying, between the exact same two bikes but one with more performance, I know what I'd buy..

The insurance company/Police won't be looking for the mod....

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Who is going to check a bike for this part?

"that's strange...that's the way I got it"
Well, if I had a choice, when buying, between the exact same two bikes but one with more performance, I know what I'd buy..

The insurance company/Police won't be looking for the mod....
Different countries and states have different rules. The member may have an inspection of the bike while Having the "L" designation and they may specifically check for that restriction.

younewerkno

Reaction score
Visit site
in case i want to sell it needs to go through inspection, and if that fails due to the restrictor missing. the bike will be unsellable. so thats why