FZ6 s1 <-> s2 engine compatibility (both 2007)

ronandc

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought an FZ6s1 in nice shape but with a lot of mileage on it. I'd like to have the bike a long time and came across someone selling an s2 engine with very low mileage (and also a colour I prefer :rolleyes: )

Does anyone know how much of a headache or even possibility there is swapping an S2 engine into an S1 model?

I don't know anything about working on the bike yet but would be interested in the opportunity to do the swap or pay a local guy (expensive?) to do it down the line, future-proof my engine situation a little maybe

Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Off the top of my head They should be the same except there may be some difference in the bottom pan as I think [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] had experience with related to the exhaust. :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Off the top of my head They should be the same except there may be some difference in the bottom pan as I think [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] had experience with related to the exhaust. :)

Thanks Cliff.
Yes, the oil pans are different and would need swapped. The S1 header will hit the S2 oil pan. Beyond that you are set.