FZ6 S2 - cranking but doesn't start - red master key

Bogdanphb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I am new to the forums and I am sorry this had to be the first thread I post.

I have a Yamaha FZ6 S2 2008 bought recently, the bike had 2 keys a black and red master. With the black key was running good, although she was slightly misfiring every now and then ( have in mind to change the spark plugs ).
Unfortunately someday, due to circumstances, I lost the black key and with the only key left, the red master key, I tried to start her. It wouldn't start, the diag mode didn't work anymore ( worked with the black key ), Hi temp flashing, immobiliser flashing, no fuel pump sound, 51 fault code on the dashboard.
I did some research and the very likely problem would be the red master key's chip is not synced with the ECU or it's broken.
Found a motorcycle electronic shop - Carmo Electronics from Netherlands - disassembled the bike and sent the ECU/CDI and the ignition barrel for reprogramming. They said I was right and the key was faulty, they reprogrammed it and adjusted the ECU. Got them back, assembled the bike - paid a lot of attention to do it accordingly and connect everything, even cleaned the fuel pump - nothing has changed..same problems.

For guidance this is a video -

I got to the point where I consider to take the bike to Yamaha Dealer to diagnose it.

Please tell me what I should do, thank you!

Bogdanphb

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for reply Townsends.
I've got it working eventually, I was using the old red master key when I noticed they sent me another uncut red master key, I went and cut that one and it works.
I need to find a blank chip key to program it. Have you got any suggestions ?