Fz6 Standard version (76hp) dyno

Karlzone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! This is my first post so far, and iv'e been wondering about the standard version fz6.
I own one myself (bought it one month ago :rockon: (haven't ridden it much since it's winter :())

Anyway, iv'e searched for dyno charts for the 76 hp version and i have not found a single one. So my question is if anyone have done a dyno run, and if so can you post it?
And also if anyone have done a dyno run on a 33hp restricted fz6.

It would cure my curiosity :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure your bike's crank horse power is factory rated at 98. Your rear wheel horse power will probably be near 90-91 rwhp. Unless there is some restriction your bike should be somewhere near these numbers. :)

Karlzone

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure your bike's crank horse power is factory rated at 98. Your rear wheel horse power will probably be near 90-91 rwhp. Unless there is some restriction your bike should be somewhere near these numbers. :)

The european version from 07 (i think) is restricted, perhaps it has 98 hp at the crank, put not anywhere near that at the wheel. But i haven't seen any dyno chart for the european version though :/

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site

I believe there was a Fz6S2 version or something like that in EU that only put out 76 HP and the regular Fz6S1 put out the full 97 hp (or vice versa, I dunno).

Yamaha FZ6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Two Brothers Racing website has dynocharts for a lot of bikes with before and afters when their pipes go on.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
The european version from 07 (i think) is restricted, perhaps it has 98 hp at the crank, put not anywhere near that at the wheel. But i haven't seen any dyno chart for the european version though :/

There was another gentleman on here that figured out that the EU restricted version had something that stopped the fly's from opening all the way. He was going to remove his, don't know if he ever did.

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone having 76hp version please photograph the wheel where throttle cable connects to the throttle bodies? It's on the left side of the motorcycle, spin the throttle and you'll see a cable moving a wheel. I want to see if there's a pin on the wheel visible at full throttle (a restrictor).

My docs show that I have an unrestricted bike, but there's this on mine. I want to see if 76hp looks the same because I can't find a picture of this anywhere and throttle bodies are a mono-block part essentially.

restrictor.jpg

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Test out the top speed and you will know lol I once got 159mph indicated on the clocks down hill. If its close to that then you got nothing to worry about

MY fz6 used to redline at 66 mph in 1st gear. I guess that is the other approach.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my fz6 for a week and havent got past 6000 rpm in any of the first three gears, apparently I havent seen anything this bike can do. I guess my question is( how many rpms can I run it in each gear, it has a little over 1000 miles on it).

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
MY fz6 used to redline at 66 mph in 1st gear. I guess that is the other approach.

Haha do this one its much safer lol :BLAA:

well not untill your bike has a good couple of thousand on the clock and is bedded in. dont want to go giving it no harsh throttle on a new engine. but if you reached 1000 i would now start to increse the revs per gear just to make sure you use all of the rev range every now and again.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha do this one its much safer lol :BLAA:

well not untill your bike has a good couple of thousand on the clock and is bedded in. dont want to go giving it no harsh throttle on a new engine. but if you reached 1000 i would now start to increse the revs per gear just to make sure you use all of the rev range every now and again.

It was perfect for getting on the freeway. Rev her up to redline, then double shift up and be off.

And I would never say I'm the reference point for anything safe.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site

?!?! Mine redlines at like 50...

Though my spark plugs were old and my air filter was dirty...

Still, I'm going to check tonight if I have that limiter on my bike.. wouldn't want to have the 79 hp version when I wanted the 98hp version! (Luckily it looks like a cheap fix! ;) )

Edit: I also topped it out at 137, which isn't even close to what others are saying...

Last edited:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
137???in 5th right?
I can take 1st right to about ~63mph
I know with the 17t on the front--- at over 155 I can for sure notice that I start to run out of go at 12,000 rpms. I need to find out a true top speed for the FZ, you dont realize how much ground you cover at 150+. You run outta road reallllly quick.:BLAA:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
137???in 5th right?
I can take 1st right to about ~63mph
I know with the 17t on the front--- at over 155 I can for sure notice that I start to run out of go at 12,000 rpms. I need to find out a true top speed for the FZ, you dont realize how much ground you cover at 150+. You run outta road reallllly quick.:BLAA:

Stock gearing, wouldn't go past 137. 12,500 rpms in 6th gear. (wouldn't push to red line, haha)

Weird, I know... I'm going to look for that little tab limiter thing tonight.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I cant wait to start stretching her out, it would be cool if you could take it to redline in each gear.

My bike before I killed her would do 66 in 1st reldine, 85ish in 2nd redline, 103ish in 3rd redline and I shifted a little early but around 122 in 4th. I topped her out at 135 because I ran out of road.

My Fz1 i got to replace my Fz6 goes 88 in 1st and 109 in 2nd. I haven't tried past that. Plus the Fz1 seems to be a little more variable in regards to ambient air temp and how long I've been riding before red lining.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone having 76hp version please photograph the wheel where throttle cable connects to the throttle bodies? It's on the left side of the motorcycle, spin the throttle and you'll see a cable moving a wheel. I want to see if there's a pin on the wheel visible at full throttle (a restrictor).

My docs show that I have an unrestricted bike, but there's this on mine. I want to see if 76hp looks the same because I can't find a picture of this anywhere and throttle bodies are a mono-block part essentially.

restrictor.jpg

Yours is UN-RESTRICTED. Its the standard butterfly stop for the 98 HP version (as is mine/US version).

Do a search, I just saw the thread this am. The restricted stop (bolted to the TB's) sticks way out and there's another tab on the throttle plate (which the cables attach to and rotate)...

In the restricted version, the easiest way to by-pass it is to bend the rotating stop out of the way. The throttle will stop with the other (98HP) stop...

Here ya go, the first post, first picture is a restricted bike:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...fz6-s1-factory-throttle-restriction-help.html

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site