FZ6 turn signal bulb type?

Laurence243

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to upgrade to LEDs but I can't find this info anywhere. I've looked through the materials I have as well as googling but I can't find it.

What size bulbs are the turn signals in an 08? The brake light is an 1157 so I'd imagine the signals might be 1156 but I don't know

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Fronts are 7443, rears are 7440.
The housings are designed for incandescents though, so don't be surprised when the leds you swap in appear less bright than stock.

Laurence243

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the info! I'll see what the guys at TRS have to say about the brightness thing. I hate incandescent bulbs on vehicles..

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Try to get bulbs that throw the light around in a wide pattern, to still utilize the reflector. It's not like a headlight where you're trying to hit specific spots to make a specific beam pattern, but the incandescent is putting out light in every direction but the base, so if you get an LED that's just forward-facing (away from the base only) it's going to be a dot in a lens.

I've been using superbrightleds for years now and almost never had an issue. I have whatever their widest-angle bulb is in my rear signals (and had them in my taillight and front signals before I got an integrated LED taillight and flushmounts up front) and found them to be plenty bright. They also sell the plug-and-play LED-compatible flasher pretty cheap ($7ish IIRC)... much better than resistors that draw the same power and are prone to burn out like incandescents.