Fz6r-forum.com is live!!

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all okay the new site is live.. All FZ6R profiles have been imported (and a few of the FZ6 Site mods) so all you have to do is logon like you do here..... There are still a few dead links ect but the forum is active... The database import and user imports were ummmmm shall we say FUN!!...

SQL this SQL that LOL... good thing I love doing this stuff.. I am really excited about the new site.. I have some new ideas that I am going to implement there that cant be done here due to the 200000+ posts...

:welcome:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't be helped... XJ6 riders probably wasn't on the criteria list for export... I know I'd have not thought of it.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Couldn't be helped... XJ6 riders probably wasn't on the criteria list for export... I know I'd have not thought of it.

XJ6......yup that is the reason never included it in the extraction:spank:....

S

sm00thpapa

I just switched over to the FZ6R site but I must say I am going to miss some of you FZ6 guys and galz. Thank you once again for all the help and advice you have given me. Hope you don't mind if I venture back here for a post or 2 once in awhile.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Why are we splitting the community up? Other than cosmetics the FZ6R and FZ6 are nearly the same bike. Why not just point fz6r-forums.com to the fz6r section here instead?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why are we splitting the community up? Other than cosmetics the FZ6R and FZ6 are nearly the same bike. Why not just point fz6r-forums.com to the fz6r section here instead?

Actually they are quite a bit different. There really isn't a lot they share in common including what engine they were modeled after. Frames, swingarms, rear tire and wheel, brakes, engine, sub frame, seating, tank, fairings, lighting... all different. I think the only part I really recognize is the instrument cluster. :eek:

The troubles that came from mixing the two is these vast differences and a lot of folks did not understand they may have posted a fix in the FZ6R section thinking it was an FZ6 problem. Thus the poor guy asking the question is left bewildered. ;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that is a BFL!!! Thanks Dennis!

I'm beginning to think I post better when drinking than when sober. Look at how many edits I have had to make tonight on posts! ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Nearly the same bike! Not likely! 20hp less, different frame, different exhaust, different brakes, different seat, different fenders.....should i keep going...

Aimed at a completely different demographic as well...