Gear Aid "Tenatious Tape" is seriously impressive stuff

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a good way to patch my riding jacket that was damaged in a crash in January and found this fabric repair tape called "Tenacious Tape" for about five bucks on amazon. I am extremely impressed. Blends in with the jacket more or less and looks way better than other options I tried, and so far is holding really well. For kicks, I used some of the leftover to patch the seat on my office chair and that's working well, too.

This stuff is magic. Keep some around.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045CQELI

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not doubting the tenacity of the tape, but I certainly wouldn't trust my skin to a jacket that is taped together. This is crash gear first, temperature/comfort management second, fashion third. That taped section will be the first to fail you, and I would put money that its in a location that will hit the ground first or drag the longest.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not doubting the tenacity of the tape, but I certainly wouldn't trust my skin to a jacket that is taped together. This is crash gear first, temperature/comfort management second, fashion third. That taped section will be the first to fail you, and I would put money that its in a location that will hit the ground first or drag the longest.

If I thought the repair was a risky one I wouldn't have tried it. The jacket is still in good shape other than a hole in the front side of the shoulder, which is not a likely area for first touchdown. If it makes you uncomfortable, nobody is making you use it.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel the same as Gary on all points. If it were me, the jacket goes out for professional repair or more likely, gets tossed. I will save money on lots of stuff, but NOTHING having to do with my motorcycle or gear.

But I also agree with him that we need to make up our own minds about the risks we take. I hope the OP never gets hurt because of the repair, but not my idea of a good thing to do.

Ride safe.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, I'm in need for a good tape. I have a hole in my side wall in the front tire. No, really thanks for the tip. Your repair seems reasonable to me. Good luck.