gear indicator for ABS model

miks

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
ive searched the site but didnt saw discussion on the topic.
Most if not all ebay/etc gear indicators state that they are meant for non-ABS bikes. I dont really understand why would that matter but as it seems it does.
Anyone have experience with this issue? Is it only connector match prob which can be solved wit cutting wires or these non-ABS gear indicators wont work no matter what?
I have 2007 ABS FZ6N bike.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
ive searched the site but didnt saw discussion on the topic.
Most if not all ebay/etc gear indicators state that they are meant for non-ABS bikes. I dont really understand why would that matter but as it seems it does.
Anyone have experience with this issue? Is it only connector match prob which can be solved wit cutting wires or these non-ABS gear indicators wont work no matter what?
I have 2007 ABS FZ6N bike.

The ABS bikes get their speed from one of the ABS wheel sensors. The non-ABS bikes have a separate speed sensor in the transmission. That is why there is a different gear indicator for non-ABS bikes.....

Hugo141

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my question will not be directly related to this post but since the ABS model is reading the speed from ABS wheel sensor, gearing can be changed without affecting speed reading?
Thanks!

miks

Reaction score
Visit site
i can now confirm that speed reading is coming from rear ABS sensor reading abs ring gaps. so yes, speed reading wount be affected by gearing.
rear wheel diameter and rear abs ring teeth count are the only parts contributing to speed reading accuracy.