Goin Nekid

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, this is my first post. My bike is a 2004, and I am going naked.

Below are pictures of what the bike looked like when I got it. I will post updated pictures as I go along. I will also post links to what I bought in case anyone is interested. If anyone has any questions regarding how I did something, or wants more info, feel free to ask.

If you don't like something, I kindly ask that you keep it to yourself. This is my bike! lol.

If you have advice or something constructive, I'd love to hear it.

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I like where this is going :)

If you have a chance, please take a photo/explain on what you do with the wiring up front. These things looks awesome nekid.

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I like where this is going :)

If you have a chance, please take a photo/explain on what you do with the wiring up front. These things looks awesome nekid.

I plan on making this completely reversible, so I am not going to modify the wiring harness. I purchased an H7 connector and an H4 connector, and I will splice that to the new headlight so that I can simply plug the new headlight into the existing connectors on the wiring harness. Below are links and pictures to what I bought, and I will update this thread with pictures to show how I will do this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DWPYO4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
H4.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NYL21U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
H7.JPG

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I almost forgot about the mirrors. Surprisingly, for the price, they look and feel awesome. I will post pics when I get them installed. I hope to be able to use my bar end weights instead of the bar ends that come with the mirrors. See pics below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BZZVHK1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mirrors.JPG

Here is how they look installed using stock bar end weights (got this picture from one of the product reviews - there are more pictures if you follow the link)
Mirrors installed.JPG

jesse_sanders

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I almost forgot about the mirrors. Surprisingly, for the price, they look and feel awesome. I will post pics when I get them installed. I hope to be able to use my bar end weights instead of the bar ends that come with the mirrors. See pics below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BZZVHK1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 69244

Here is how they look installed using stock bar end weights (got this picture from one of the product reviews - there are more pictures if you follow the link)
View attachment 69245
Will you let me know if you can use them with the bar ends? I'm needing mirrors too. It's rather eerie riding and not knowing what's behind you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Will you let me know if you can use them with the bar ends? I'm needing mirrors too. It's rather eerie riding and not knowing what's behind you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You can, you just need a spacer. I will give you more details with pictures when I get to it. I will be working on this today after work.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you guys post a few pictures here? I'd love to see how your bikes came out.

I have a thread in the street fighter section. My posts focused around what I installed and overcoming the minor challenges associated with the installation. There are photos in the thread, but no beauty shots.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
You can also mount the mirrors like this, just need some longer bolts.

l32FRXT.jpg

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
After messing around with the mirrors a little bit today, I figured out a way to mount them using the stock bar ends, will post pics tomorrow or this weekend.

Also, I have a gauge cluster mount designed, should be made tomorrow. It will be a simple flat sheet metal bracket mounted to a pair of mirror mounts. The bracket will be sandblasted and powdercoated. See below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AA7OFLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mirror mounts.jpg

Cluster Mount.jpg

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
SAAB actually. The other Swedish meat ;) This is my current SAAB (number 9)

Here's my entire album of photos from my FZ6. In chronological order, oldest to newest. It went through a lot of different phases haha.

Love the car, and love what you did with the bike, both times.

This was my swede (until a drunk chick destroyed the front end)
badgeless grille.jpg