Goin Nekid

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
SAAB actually. The other Swedish meat ;) This is my current SAAB (number 9)

Here's my entire album of photos from my FZ6. In chronological order, oldest to newest. It went through a lot of different phases haha.

Cool album, lots of good stuff in there. Where you at in Illinois?

I noticed one of the photos had the headers (exhaust manifold?) that looked new. Did you get those re-worked/finished?

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Bracket mounted to gauge - now waiting for the clamps to come in
IMG_3087.jpg

Also - headlight, housing and brackets came in today. Should have the conversion mostly done this weekend. Then I will just have to hide some of the wiring, the horn, and the turn signal relay. Any advice?
IMG_3088.jpg

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
You can also mount the mirrors like this, just need some longer bolts.

l32FRXT.jpg

How did you post such a big image?

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Retrieve from URL and uncheck the "retrieve remove file..." box

Capture.PNG

Alternatively:

"
" without quotes - Replace URL with the full URL of the image - It will need to be hosted somewhere.

Last edited:

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the car, and love what you did with the bike, both times.

This was my swede (until a drunk chick destroyed the front end)
View attachment 69251

Very nice! Never see those in white, love it. Thanks for the kind words!

Cool album, lots of good stuff in there. Where you at in Illinois?

I noticed one of the photos had the headers (exhaust manifold?) that looked new. Did you get those re-worked/finished?

Northern suburbs along the lake. No, those were my original headers that I cleaned using toilet bowl cleaner (acid) and some scuff pads. Ended up painting them black the next year haha but definitely was nice.

Yep, host the image somewhere like imgur.com, then insert the image url like this:

(IMG)https://i.imgur.com/l32FRXT.jpg(/IMG)

^^^ replace the parentheses with these brackets [ ]

I'm a moderator on a SAAB forum so plenty of image posting done there haha

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
OP, looks fantastic. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Advice for hiding the massive wiring harness. It can be tucked as is, but it's pretty darn tight. You'll want to verify you can turn the bars lock to lock without interference. I ended up cutting a bunch of wire out and resoldering/heat shrinking the harness as a much shorter harness. That's what I would recommend.

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Will you let me know if you can use them with the bar ends? I'm needing mirrors too. It's rather eerie riding and not knowing what's behind you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mirrors worked perfect with the bar ends. I bought these spacers from Lowes which fit perfectly, just needed to be cut to length.

Spacer.jpg

When you cut them, make sure you make the throttle side a bit longer so that the mirrors don't catch the throttle. I will give you exact lengths if you end up buying the same mirrors I am using. These mirrors are great by the way, surprisingly you can see way more than you could with the stock mirrors. Some people complained that the screws backed out and the mirrors got loose, I dabbed a bit of locktite on the screws, it wont be a problem.

jsanchez_73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! hoping someone here will be able to help. So I converted my FZ6 to and FZ6N last year and I never plugged in the small light bulb that came with it (Vishnu Sharman [email protected] VS01 Headlight Kit. As a result (I think) my rear tail light was on full time and kept burning out. I think this is because not plugging in the small bulb lead to a incomplete circuit and the extra power had to go somewhere. Am I correct?

Anyway I just need to fix this so I can ride. Please help. Attached are some pics of the headlight and the wire loom that I coiled up nicely under the speedometer and that I am currently using to plug in the headlight. My question is which wires do I connect to the secondary small headlight bulb so that I can complete the circuit and my rear tail light can actually work as it is intended to and not be on full time.

Thank you.
IMG_20150721_175717.jpg
20150722_111400_HDR.jpg
20180804_195732.jpg
20180806_083114.jpg
20180806_083155.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! hoping someone here will be able to help. So I converted my FZ6 to and FZ6N last year and I never plugged in the small light bulb that came with it (Vishnu Sharman [email protected] VS01 Headlight Kit. As a result (I think) my rear tail light was on full time and kept burning out. I think this is because not plugging in the small bulb lead to a incomplete circuit and the extra power had to go somewhere. Am I correct?

Anyway I just need to fix this so I can ride. Please help. Attached are some pics of the headlight and the wire loom that I coiled up nicely under the speedometer and that I am currently using to plug in the headlight. My question is which wires do I connect to the secondary small headlight bulb so that I can complete the circuit and my rear tail light can actually work as it is intended to and not be on full time.

Thank you.
View attachment 69312
View attachment 69313
View attachment 69314
View attachment 69315
View attachment 69316

:welcome: to our great forum!

Your rear tail light is intended to be on at all times when the key is turned to the on position. This is a running light. The rear tail light consists of a bulb that has two filaments. One filament is for the brake light and one filament is for the running light.
I hope this helps.:)

The tail lamp bulb should be replaced with the OEM bulb because it is different from a generic automotive 1157 type bulb.

Last edited:

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I thought I would do my conversion in a few years but I love the look! Definitely thinking about this Winter now :thumbup: Great job!

BucksRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I thought I would do my conversion in a few years but I love the look! Definitely thinking about this Winter now :thumbup: Great job!

Took me a weekend, it is very easy. Let me know if you will need any guidance. I took pictures of just about each step.

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
Great, i will remember that! Actually it's a question of funds atm plus i'm riding at least 500km per week while summer break. Studying has it's advantages and drawbacks, but glad to have a scholarship.

IMG_20180807_133048.jpg

IMG_20180806_120738.jpg
At the moment my regular ride is well above 1500 meters in altitude (app. 5k ft) because of the heat.

So in winter i will have some question die sure, especially concerning cables and stuff ;) So thanks in advance!