Gone to the Dark side (of Yammie that is)

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
the Wife decided she was going to do a motorcycle course and get her licence,she passed with flying colors and now has her permit.So she decides she wants to ride the FZ6 now that I have all the Modding done:cheer:

So i did what any good Husband would do,said YES DEAR!! then went out and bought an FZ1 for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here she is,already starting to mod...
Cheers!

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had a couple of rides so far and toucan notice a difference right away,it is a little heavier and a little more intimidating when you first get in the saddle. In all fairness she needs a new front tire too that I have but just don't have installed... Still handles great and the power difference during take off and even at high speeds are very noticeable. Instead of ranting I would say right now I can say it Is as nibble but real fun to drive!!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the FZ6-to-FZ1 club!! Both are phenomenal machines :thumbup:

I rode my 6 for 3 seasons and have nearly 3 seasons on the 1 now. In my opinion, it is not as nimble as the 6, if by nimble you mean the ability to effortlessly flick it from side to side and ride it through tight twisties with ease. Not to say that it's bad.. once you figure out how to make it work, it's fantastic and very rewarding, but the longer wheelbase (super long swingarm) and the wider rear tire add up to less nimbleness (is that a word? :D )

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
I know a couple who have his and hers FZ1 and FZ6. They make a very nice pair. I'm talking about the bikes, of course. :D

Cece

Reaction score
Visit site
What a nice hubby! Congrats! Our friends make fun of my bf and I because we have "matching" bikes. He has an FZ1 and I have the FZ6. I'm too scared to try riding the FZ1 since it's so heavy!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a nice hubby! Congrats! Our friends make fun of my bf and I because we have "matching" bikes. He has an FZ1 and I have the FZ6. I'm too scared to try riding the FZ1 since it's so heavy!

It's not really much heavier than your FZ6...the manuals say:
FZ6 = 423
FZ1 = 458

I stepped up to the FZ1 because it can be lowered so much easier than the 6. Love my bike :)