Good Alberta Rides

Pyro

Junior Asistant VP
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's share our favorite rides. Post a Google map if you can.

Having ridden for 7 monthes ( 6 of which were winter) I can say my favorite is highway 762, lots of nice curves. One crazy bump, you'll know it when you see it. Should be a mandatory ride for anyone from Calgary. Keep an eye out for cops in Bragg Creek.

571 - Google Maps

Last edited:

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I love 22x to 762.

after that so many options, you can go along the 549 after and then head to turner valley and longview along the cowboy trail (black diamond hotel has the best food in alberta)
just before longview, you can jump on the Highwood Trail and wayyyyyyyy out to the mountains and you swing way around by canmore. Take the 1A back and youve had a REAL fun day of riding

fav highways: 762, 1A, 40 and 68
all in or around calgary/kananaskis

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on 762, I've ridden it a number of times, nice rip through there but kinda short. Definitely Highway 40 through K-Country is near top of my list. I think Banff to Lake Louise would be good too, though I haven't done it on the bike. Between Nanton and Chain Lakes is a nice "high plains" route also, though prone to deer.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Be wary on that 762. They have stopped paving it due to the bike use and farmers complaining. Cops are everywhere, last time I went we saw 6 and no one was doing over 90. And one farmer is a real dick. He has even gone so far as to put hay bails on the road. :spank:

Though it is very nice, especially early morning. Watch for deer!!

kananaskis

Reaction score
Visit site
Start in Kananaskis (hence the handle), ride south on 40 over highwood pass out to 22X... back up through Bragg Creek and up to 1A. Over to Banff and the Minnewanka loop... Turn around and return to K-Country:rockon:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Start in Kananaskis (hence the handle), ride south on 40 over highwood pass out to 22X... back up through Bragg Creek and up to 1A. Over to Banff and the Minnewanka loop... Turn around and return to K-Country:rockon:

I love k-country. We used to mountain bike all over that place when I had a brother living in Calgary. Popped out there on summer weekends crashing at the bro's place. He's moved out of cow town and haven't been back biking there since. I can only image what the roads are like on a motorcycle, gotta be awesome. Will have to figure out a way back there some day soon. Got a buddy living in Cochrane, mb crash there on a weekend trip. :rolleyes: