Goop's post-Thanksgiving Hangover ride! - Nov 30th!!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alrighty then! This Saturday some SoCal Hoons are gonna burn off some Thanksgiving calories/hangovers. Sounds good, right??

I'm thinking about something a little different: We meet at the Chevron on Via Rancho Pkwy. at 10AM. Then we head out past Lake Wholford, to Palomar, then Borrego/Banner to Julian. If we're feeling even more festive we can do the Sunrise Hwy. - Cuyamaca Loop.

How about it? :Flash:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll contribute with the hangover part and be with you spiritually on the ride portion Bryan. Have fun! :rockon:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm out.... Wife's family's in town. Hope your turkey day was great!

By the way, on that route your taking. I stopped last weekend at this tiny motorcycle shop next door to the HideOut. They have a lot of cool biker junk and trinkets. The place is called whips. It's worth a looksee.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in! I just got my master cylinder replaced per the Suzuki gsxr recall and I'm ready to ride. :Sport:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in! I just got my master cylinder replaced per the Suzuki gsxr recall and I'm ready to ride. :Sport:

I read about this massive recall a while back...something about corrosion in the master cylinder that can cause brakes to fail?

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I read about this massive recall a while back...something about corrosion in the master cylinder that can cause brakes to fail?

Something like that. The recall notice said "After a long-term service life of the motorcycle without changing the brake fluid, the brake fluid can deteriorate and absorb moisture. The brake piston inside the front brake master cylinder of some motorcycles may not have uniform surface treatment. This combination of conditions can lead to corrosion of the brake piston. Corrosion of the brake piston generates gas, which may not be adequately purged from the master cylinder due to the side position location of the reservoir port.. Gas remaining in the master cylinder can affect braking power by reducing proper fluid pressure transmission to the front brake. Over time, as gas continues to slowly accumulate above the reservoir port, the front brake lever may develop a "spongy" feel and stopping distances may be extended, increasing the risk of a crash."

Or as Dori said in Finding Nemo, "I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy."

The recall was for nearly all gsxrs from 2004-2013, 600s - 750s - 1000s.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a beautiful day today for a ride. Luckily, it is expected to warm up. It is only 45* here in Ramona at 8am. I know it was much colder at Jerry's this morning though!!! Looking forward to a great day with my fellow Hoons. :cheer:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Was a bit cold riding out of Crestline but it was worth it, had a great day of riding with my friends, thanks.:thumbup::D
Check out BAD A** Jen in her new leathers:thumbup:
Goop had to bug out a little early for a family doing.
We went on down to Borrego and had lunch at Car Lee's, yum yum.
And the weather was excellent:D

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What a day! The weather was superb! I know Verharen and Jblk9695 had a cold morning but once we met up the sun was shining and warming everything up. I had to eventually take out my liner once we were on the road for an hour.

We admired Jen's new Alpinestars track suit.

Goop lead us the back way past Lake Wohlford and other really nice scenic roads to Palomar Mountain. We road up South Grade Rd and then down East Grade at Palomar Mountain. Unfortunately there was traffic the took the pizzazz out a good many turns because many don't understand mountain road etiquette. Never the less we enjoy the company we keep so much that there are no real unpleasant moment and we always have a smile as long as our crew is safe and sound.

Goop had to leave early for a birthday party and parted ways with us from the scenic lookout on Montezuma Valley Rd. Jerry Jen and I continued into Borrego Springs where we enjoyed a great lunch at Carlee's.

We then headed back up Montezuma and Jerry headed home as Jen and I headed back to out digs.

Another great day of riding with the best of friends.

Here are a couple of pictures of us at the scenic lookout on Montezuma Valley Rd, also called the, "Glass Elevator" for obvious reasons. The desert is below us in the background at about 3,000 feet. I never tire of this road. We start the descent from 4,000 feet. This road has tight turns bigger open sweepers and incredible views as you descend and is a must to ride if you come to southern California. :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the pics, fellas!

LOVE the leathers, Jen! :thumbup: