GT Tires on Our Bikes and T30 EVO

arronjackson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

New to the forum, new to the bike. I recently picked up an '08 FZ6 from a guy a couple hours away and am honestly in love with the bike. This forum has been a huge help so far too so hi to you all.

The previous owner pointed out the bike needs a new rear tire. This would be simple however the bike has a Bridgestone T30 GT (yes, the GT for heavier bikes, not our bikes) on the front. Now I've e-mailed Revzilla, Canada's motorcycle, and Pete's Superbike as well as called Bridgestone to try and find an answer but always seem to get a different one. Would it be ok to run a T30 non GT on the rear? Would it be ok to run a T30 EVO (the next iteration of the T30) on the rear? Would it be ok to run a T30 EVO GT on the rear? Would the bike handle well with a T30 GT on the rear and front?

If I had more dough I'd love to replace both tires, but the front tread is pretty good and would like to avoid the extra purchase. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated!

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Put the EVO on the rear. Change the front when it's due. Don't worry too much about mixing tyres, especially same brand and same family tyres.

I personally would avoid the GT on a 200kg bike, they won't be deforming properly at the contact patch and therefore providing less grip. But it's probably not even noticeable under normal road riding conditions.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might consider BT-023... Be advised there are variants of this tire (F & G??) which are for heavier bikes.

I mainly ride in the hills an canyons with minimal freeway/commuter runs and wear the whole tire surface out. I like it, but figure 8-10k miles and it's done.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

Tire profile can be important. Any of the differences are much more critical at higher performance levels as well as in emergency situations. The heavier touring tires are going to have different carcass behavior which will effect performance at higher levels and also road anomaly absorption. You're probably good with a tire that has like profiles (T-30/BT023) as long as you keep in mind you'll be riding on compounds that are a little different.

arronjackson

Reaction score
Visit site
M Spec Tire Question - Still Shopping

Hey guys, still shopping for a tire. Decided to replace the front gt tire as well.

I've sourced out a good price on a set of Bridgestone BT-023's, which I understand are good tires for our bikes.

Unfortunately the rear is M Spec meant for a MT07 and the front is a G spec meant for a Honda 700.

Has anyone ran spec tires for other bikes on their bike? Would it be even more weird being they are specs for two different bikes? Any input or experience is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: M Spec Tire Question - Still Shopping

Running BT-016 Pro up front 023 G spec in the rear. No issues other than damp chip tar hard braking and/or acceleration the rear has stepped out... But it lets you know, as it gives some warning.
Rear is meant for an FJR or the likes of. It performs well for $120 tire!