H7 Bulb too small?

Tom24GR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am replacing both headlights on my 2007 FZ6 because one went out and I figured I would get a bulb to help increase visibility at night. I chose some Hella bulbs (the +50%) ones.

The H4 fit just fine into the high beam slot and are working nicely.

The H7 I bought seems to be too small. The distance from the prong to the base (where the spring slip sits) is smaller than the OEM one. I returned the Hella and went ahead and got a Philips X-treme vision (the European version in a teal pack available from amazon). And that one is too small too!

Am I missing something here? The shape of the H7 (the shape of the base plate I mean) is perfect but the two that I have received seem to be too small length and width (of where the spring clip sits).

Thanks in advance.

Tom24GR

Reaction score
Visit site
OOOOOOOOOOH so that little adapter is attached to the original bulb? Yeah the original bulb was bigger in every way but I didn't realize there was an adapter.

The metal base plate (where the spring clip sits) is smaller than on the OEM one. But I haven't compared it without the adapter assembly.

So does that adapter in effect enlarge the base where the spring clip sits?

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the OEM headlamp assembly has not been modified, it should work with the adapter and the smaller H7 base that Yamaha used. :)

Kevf1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Tom, did you ever get that adapter to work? Thanks Cliff for the posting and advice, I've been dealing with the same thing.