Handlbar Risers - Rox Speed FX

Jonmo89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I'm a rather new member, and while I don't post a lot I thought I'd share my adventures pertaining to the wonderful world of handlebar risers! I recently bought my FZ6 and was riding along and thought to myself "hey, this thing is pretty darn comfortable" (last bike was an SV650S, my back/wrists didn't like it), anyway, after that I thought "how could I make it MORE comfortable?!?", so I rode home and did some research.

Now, I now there are time-tested alternatives to the Rox risers out there, and that's all and good, but I thought I'd save a few bucks, and hell, I think they look cool! I picked 'em up for 70 bucks shipped from PowersportSuperstore.com - Your choice for Street and Dirt Bike & ATV Parts, Accessories, and Apparel, I could have gotten them for maybe 10 bucks cheaper but I had to have the black ones because I'm picky.

The site actually had the risers labeled as "Driven Products Pivoting Risers - 2in. - For 7/8in Handlebars 1R-P2SS", nowhere was the ROX name to be found, but they had their manufacturer part number so I took a calculated risk and bought them, hoping they were what I thought (did I mention they didn't have a picture on the site either?). They arrived awhile ago and they were what I wanted (whew!), so I went out to the bike and started disassembly!

Now before anyone buys these I have to make it clear

1st Generation FZ6's should have no problem installing these as far as I know

2nd Generation FZ6's need to have/buy new lower handlebar clamps because the original cover with the yamaha logo won't fit, and the riser's hole spacing is different.

I fortunately had my fathers old Suzuki GS850 to prey upon, so I scavenged the clamps off of that to use on mine! (still have to tell him about that...don't feel bad though, it hasn't run in years). I used the suzuki clamps (and original FZ6 bolts) to secure the risers to the original bar/tree/holder thingy's and used the clamps that came with the risers to hold the bar.

Pictures!

Out riding right after with my dad, after this I experimented with positioning and found a place that was PERFECT!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I really do like them, and am very glad that I went through with it! I was a little scared of buying something that I couldn't find much information on, but it turned out great and I hope my findings will help others with their decision on which risers to buy. I was going to buy the bar backs from Twisted Throttle, but as 110 bucks I just had to look for an alternative (if I didn't find one, I would have bought them, I'm just cheap), I really wanted to try pivoting risers because they give you a whole lot more room for experimentation rather than locking you into a certain position.

Jonmo89

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad that you like them, I've had mine for almost 2 years. I didn't know you could still get the black ones.

Yeah, they're great! I saw that a few other people had bought them by searching, but didn't find all that much so I thought I'd share my experience with them. I was bummed to find out that I needed to order new clamps, but you can order universal ones (the holes are kinda oval-ey so they fit all hole spacings) from the ROX website for $10. I did go to my Yamaha dealer just down the road and all they could offer me were FZ6R clamps for $22 bucks EACH, so I opted out of that and just stole 'em from 'em from my dads old bike, he didn't care anyway :D

As for finding the black ones, the website I got them from took 'em down a few days after I bought 'em, and they were mis-labeled, so there's a chance they had been there for a VERY long time. Rox does make a whole bunch of different versions (crusier looking ones, anti-vibration, and other stuff), so there's a bunch to pick from, I just used google shopping and found what I wanted.

gimtien

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Jonmo89,
I know this is an old thread but I had just bought the same risers, 2" ...
On my 1st attempt to fix it, I found the cables are too short and was wondering if you needed to change to longer cables?

If no cables were changed, any advice on what to do?
Thank you!