Handlebar Clamp from S2 to S1

ComaTox

Hi,

I got hold of the new style Handlebar Clamp with the Yamaha sign on it from a 2008 FZ6 Fazer S2.
I have a 2006 S1 version. Will this new all in one clamp just replace the old-style clamps? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks

New clamp photo attached

Attachments

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Hi,

I got hold of the new style Handlebar Clamp with the Yamaha sign on it from a 2008 FZ6 Fazer S2.
I have a 2006 S1 version. Will this new all in one clamp just replace the old-style clamps? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks

New clamp photo attached
Sure will. Put one on my 2005 S1 a few years ago. Manual says tighten front first, then rear. 23 NM of torque and remember to turn bars full left and full right before torqueing to make sure there is no interference.

ComaTox

Sure will. Put one on my 2005 S1 a few years ago. Manual says tighten front first, then rear. 23 NM of torque and remember to turn bars full left and full right before torqueing to make sure there is no interference.
Great stuff! Thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Also, with that S2 part UPGRADE, it'll be much faster....

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
I had to remove mine as I have bar risers and the mounting bolts are different lengths... :(

(Got it saved in my spare parts box!)