Palerider

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone installed a handlebar risers on their Z? I came across one on the old inter-web that gives a 2 inch rise and a 1inch rearward adjustment. While it sounds like it might make things easier to reach, I am wondering if this will require new cables and front brake line to accommodate the movement. I looked over mine and it looks as though it should work. Any adverse steering characteristics? Thanks for everyone's time and input!

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used Tusk 30mm rise ones (~$20 on eBay), https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1316/25849/Tusk-Handlebar-Risers

and a set of SW-motech up&back risers (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F...3_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H2RKC5MQBT082403DWKT)

And no problems with the stock cables. If you need an extra inch or so on the brake line, what you can do is switch the main line and jumper line around. The main line goes from the bars to the left caliper, then The jumper line from the left caliper to the right. Switch the main line and double banjo fitting to the right caliper, and it will give you a little extra length on the main line.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As for comfort, I don't do the lean forward, constant pressure on the arms, hands thing.

I tried risers first, which helped but wasn't enough. Sold them and put on risers / set backs (see pic).

The front brake line is different between the S1 and S2 however for the S2, the stock brake line will just reach. I re-call
I re-clocked the MC bolt and adjusted the lower triple brake line clamp (it will reach). No wiring issues, BUT you cannot
lift the tank on the rear bolt alone, the tank will contact the set backs...

As for handling, I didn't see any difference in cornering, just lean forward when hard cornering. The bike is WAY MORE comfortable,
FZ1 bars not needed as the pressure is not there anymore (I'm 5'9", 58 years old)

The second pic is a slightly longer SS line to the master cylinder. (Changed from 2 lines back to
the single OEM, over the fender style lines)

Last edited: