D. Work well for running too

?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I listen to music most of the time when I ride, so I use to wear Sony ear buds, you can get them anywhere for $15.00. Then I got the Uclear Com device, made locally here in Eagle so by far the most popular system around the Treasure Valley, you insert the helmet speakers inside your helmet and it also acts as part of the microphone, so there is no boom. Operates via bluetooth so you can send and receive calls if you really need to while riding. The music sound quality is not as good as the ear buds, but pretty darn good. The phone audio is crystal clear to a point it's incredible. They sell them at Cycle Gear, I just got lucky and ran into the president of the company and he got me a killer deal. If you want to check it out, just send me a text and you can see and listen for yourself with mine.

UClear HBC100 Review - webBikeWorld

Last edited:

nnowatzk

Reaction score
Visit site
I use [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038W0K2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]these[/ame], they definitely fit all of your criteria. I don't use them running, but my wife just tried them out on a run and demanded that I order some for her.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
No headphones for me, the wind noise still bothers me when I wear them. I also have a really hard time getting them to stay in my ears as I put on my helmet. It's usually a painful ordeal.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
No headphones for me, the wind noise still bothers me when I wear them. I also have a really hard time getting them to stay in my ears as I put on my helmet. It's usually a painful ordeal.

Maybe look at getting some molded earplugs with headphones built-it if you fancy music while on the move.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Plugfones. The make a set for motorcycling. Work great. I ride from April - November and use them for 2 hours per day. I get about a year or so per set and I use them hard. Wind noise fades to the point where I can listen to audiobooks on middle volume. Only drawback is that you cannot hear someone talking to you at a stoplight.

Fleabay has them. I recommend the $30 ones with interchangable tips (flange vs foam). You can replace them or swap at will. I've put up to 8 hours per day on them for a week straight - wasn't bad. They fit under my Schuberth fine.

Last edited:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll want something that goes inside your ear canal if you want to protect your hearing. The Sennheisers and the MEElectronics headphones linked will do that. I have an old pair of Shure E4c in-ear-monitor (IEM) headphones that I really like. IEMs can take some getting used to, however. You may also want to experiment with different tips. I use Westone Comply tips.

long101

Reaction score
Visit site
I use the new version of Apple earbuds. They dont stick out of my ear much, so while it can be a pain to put on my helmet, I can still get it on.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I use cheap foam earplugs for protecting my hearing, and a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth unit for listening to music. It's nice not having to deal with the wires while putting the helmet on/off.

I also have a set of Bluetooth headph I use for the gym, cootree 220, and i really like them.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Any suggestions for headphones that
A. Sound good
B. Protect my hearing on the freeway
C. Fit easily in a motorcycle helmet
D. Work well for running too

?

I use these(from past 10 months). I'm a new rider from past 2 months, i use them everyday for my Meetings(work conference), evening Gym for 3 hrs.
It has a little mic, and a button to activate Siri for voice commands while driving. Nice sound quality for music too.
Personally i prefer them, because of the way i use, I put them on at home, listen to the meeting, drive to work(10 mins), remove them, continue call(so i don't want to switch between bluetooth to phone again).

Generic note:
1. Until you get used to it, its a bit hard to find the mic hanging under your helmet to operate. I see myself in the mirror and find where the switch is.
2. When removing the helmet, these come out your ears, as it has rubber like material on the hook.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAEBR80B-Sports-Quality-Headphones/dp/B0078JFQ0K"][/ame]

There are similar versions in Sony too, for few bucks difference.

Last edited: