Helmet suggestions

Dmurph16

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m looking for s new Helmet. I was wondering what people think of helmets that have a cutout for a con system like the Sena . I see the bell qualifier fox has a cutout for a sena. Vs a helmet that doesn’t have the cutout and pockets for the speakers. What’s you guys opinions?
Thanks

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most modern helmets have cut outs for speakers. I think it's best to find a helmet that you like, then worry about the electronics. This winter I purchased a Scorpion EXO AT-950 Modular and added a SENA 10R. It works great in my living room, but its gonna be a few more weeks before I get to really test it.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with Gary, find a fit that you like and then worry about the cutouts.
I started with a $400 Scorpion, really liked it. I then got a bargain on a $900 Schuberth (in a BMW dealership, of all places!) and each helmet had their plusses and minuses. My next helmet? I'd probably go back to the Scorp, but I will try out ALL brands because everything changes, especially over a 10-year timeframe. Find a brick-n-mortar that will let you try on a bunch, for at least 10 minutes at a time.

Just do me a favor. Once you find a lid that agrees with your mug, buy it there! Don't whip out your phone and save $15 from some overseas supplier; that brick-n-mortar allowed you to do a hand's-on trial, give them some business to reward them.

Good luck!