help fz6 injection

razvangeorgescu

Reaction score
Visit site
hello there, I'm absolutely new in this forum. i have bought, two weeks ago a 2005 fz6n, who spent last 7 years in a barn. i've made all necessary maintenance, from fluids to front fork seals. when the starting moment came on, i've noticed that the fuel pump is stuck and change it. here we go again, put all together and give it another shot. still nothing. i've dismantled the fuel injector rail, all injectors were clogged due to petrol... there was a king of varnish (very old petrol dried) , and bought injector rail and injectors, second hand... now it tries to start. i'ts idling around 650-700 rpm, until its getting warmer. after that idle goes to 1000 rpm. i think o have to adjust the fuel injection from the dash , co1 and co2, in my dash co1 is 7 and co2 is 2. what are the values? how can i do it? please advise. many thanks an sorry for my bad english

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't touch the CO settings.

Under the left side of the tank is an idle STOP adjustment screw. Turn that in clockwise to raise the idle.
(The tank doesn't need to be lifted, the screw is just tucked in a bit.)

Advise.

A throttle body sync wouldn't hurt but probably isn't your main issue

Also, if you need the owners manual, (PDF) PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send it to you. It has that adjustment listed among others..

razvangeorgescu

Reaction score
Visit site
he left side of the tank is an idle STOP adjustment screw. Turn that in clockwise to

Under the left side of the tank is an idle STOP adjustment screw. Turn that in clockwise to raise the idle.
(The tank doesn't need to be lifted, the screw is just tucked in a bit.)

Advise.

A throttle body sync wouldn't hurt but probably isn't your main issue

Also, if you need the owners manual, (PDF) PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send it to you. It has that adjustment listed among others..

it's quite late for:
:( i didn't know that. i thought that co adjustment is related directly to injectors... not all injectors are identical....

idle, i have adjusted , on cold is 1800 and warm is ~1400

thanks,
r