Help Please

RAWRedBeard

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 07 FZ6 that my brother is giving me after he just bought a FZ07. Pretty much i bought a dual headlight for the front with dual H4 bulbs that came with it. Im trying to figure out how to do the BD43 mod, but cant find the link anymore. whe I do click on one in the forums, it tells me that the link in unavailable. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get this wired properly. Thanks.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The bd43 headlight mods may not be available anymore. I used to make a universal relay kit. It did the same thing and would work with any motorcycle headlight that that had the same FZ6 headlight configuration. I believe there were some Kawasaki's that had the same configuration headlights but I never sold any because... Well.......I'm on the FZ6 forum!
The switching exists on all models of the FZ6 but the faired version was void of the wire at the headlight harness. The bd43 mod was a kit that had a wire with the pin that snapped into a harness plug below the battery case and routed up to the H4 headlight for proper hi lo switching.

Many feel that tying into the harness at any point is hacking but if your skilled at automotive type wiring there are 2 main areas you might access. One is where the bd43 tied into the plug and the other is in the handlebar harness where the high beam switching is done. I don't build the relay kit anymore.
I will help you identify color code to pick off the switched low beam.

RAWRedBeard

Reaction score
Visit site
If its not storming tomorrow, I will look into getting access to the Harness and see. I have had the bike for a while, and just now getting time to work on it. I bought all the stuff for it a while ago, but I didnt save the instructions, and cant find it anymore. I just don't know which pin on the harness to do. It seems to be a solid Setup. I have really only heard good things about it.
But i just need it to work with 2 h4 bulbs because I really dont feel like buying a new headlight. lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the top picture of the plugs in this post. I believe this is where the lo beam green wire is added.