help with headlight loom

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't believe that the US S1 version has a ring terminal coming out of the forward harness. Should be easy enough to find though. Take a multimeter, set it to resistance (ohms), connect 1 probe to the ring terminal and probe each connector pin with the other probe. You'll have your answer in 5 minutes.

Now if I had to guess, it is a ground connection, But I would not hook it up to my bike until I was certain,

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Both versions should be almost (totally?) the same. We do not have an immobilizer not ABS, but neither of those should have a connector on the headlight harness. Have any mods been done up front? A power outlet, USB , anything?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, use an ohm meter between the ring and any black wire on the plugs. If you get continuity between the ring and other black wires on plugs it would be a ground wire that attaches to the frame of the bike. There's a high probability it's a frame ground for the headlight sockets so I would first test to see if that ring has continuity with the headlight plug ground wires. If you confirm this is a ground it would attach to the frame. If you inspect the frame you may find where it attaches to.