Help with new electronics connnections

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm new to SportBikes in USA. I got my 08FZ6, Black, Stock on March 29th 2015, 3200 miles. I'm planning to add/do/mod few things like
1. BD43(to have both the headlights connected to DRL), Thinking of getting this, do i still need to go for BD43 to run both the headlights?

2. I'm planning for these, with an ON/OF switch for an underglow. I'm from Charlotte, NC and I assume Red, Blue, Purple are not allowed, I'm planning for white.Tutorial here

3. I found this under the seat, and the connections are pulled off from the battery, can somebody tell me what this is please. It says GSM GPRS Modem Transmitter, but i have no idea what it is, i tried searching it online too. Its is of 2X2" black box, i can take a picture from far if needed.

4. On the headlights, from outside, it looks like there are two holes, that looks like DRL as in this image, I opened the panel and i see there is no bulb there, looks like a sealed plastic, can i break/cut-open and seal to fit these/similar free bulbs mentioned in this listing?

5. Are any of these remote alarms are worth putting on? I'm getting a garage next week from my apartment complex
http://www.banggood.com/Motorcycle-Anti-theft-Device-Two-way-Alarm-Cut-ray-Bm-988-p-73999.html
or spy 5000m etc.

Most of these questions might sound dumb for you guys, but this is where i got stuck..!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...59-new-rider-form-charlotte-2.html#post608386

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm new to SportBikes in USA. I got my 08FZ6, Black, Stock on March 29th 2015, 3200 miles. I'm planning to add/do/mod few things like
1. BD43(to have both the headlights connected to DRL), Thinking of getting this, do i still need to go for BD43 to run both the headlights?

2. I'm planning for these, with an ON/OF switch for an underglow. I'm from Charlotte, NC and I assume Red, Blue, Purple are not allowed, I'm planning for white.Tutorial here

3. I found this under the seat, and the connections are pulled off from the battery, can somebody tell me what this is please. It says GSM GPRS Modem Transmitter, but i have no idea what it is, i tried searching it online too. Its is of 2X2" black box, i can take a picture from far if needed.

4. On the headlights, from outside, it looks like there are two holes, that looks like DRL as in this image, I opened the panel and i see there is no bulb there, looks like a sealed plastic, can i break/cut-open and seal to fit these/similar free bulbs mentioned in this listing?

5. Are any of these remote alarms are worth putting on? I'm getting a garage next week from my apartment complex
http://www.banggood.com/Motorcycle-Anti-theft-Device-Two-way-Alarm-Cut-ray-Bm-988-p-73999.html
or spy 5000m etc.

Most of these questions might sound dumb for you guys, but this is where i got stuck..!

Did you ever get answers to these items?
Bump...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
e

Motorcycle Anti-theft Device Two-way Alarm Cut-ray Bm-988 - US$49.89
or spy 5000m etc.

The BD43 mod automatically turns off one beam when it turns on the other using the factory harness. Just tapping into the adjacent headlight wire is NOT RECOMMENDED and you will burn up the RS bulb with both elements lit. Highly recommnded, looks factory made.. Maybe an hour to install..

As for the additional holes in the headlight bezel, I believe in Europe, their used for either parking lights or running lights(not sure). But in either case, you can use the holes to add LEDs or ...

As for alarms, "Gorilla"; Gorilla Cycle Alarms - Quality Motorcycle Alarms has been around forever and makes a very good product. I had one of their top of the line alarms about 10 years ago and was very happy with it. I see they've changed a bunch but wouldn't hesitate buying one from them again..