High pitched noise - fuel pump?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there anything one can actually DO about it so it goes away forever? It seems that not all high-pressure (EFI) fuel pumps are that noisy... Is it about a transformer?
There's no transformer.

Should my pump start making noises not normally there (28,000 miles currently, original pump), I'd change it.

Especially if doing a road trip. Good luck finding a pump and replacing it while "on the road"...

I believe several members used this pump (way less expensive) than the Yamaha pump:
(Might do a search to confirm)

dlo2020

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I didn't really notice the noise while riding, only at one point when I was blinking riding out (it affects it)...
Let's see whether it is bothersome in the end. I just bought this bike, so I'm listening to every detail. And that fuel pump noise is really there. Considering it doesn't have to be - @TownsendsFJR1300 you don't have it - I'll consider changing the pump if annoying...
And then your link will surely be of use, I read in one of your previous post replies that the OEM one is $ 380!
Thanks a lot!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I didn't really notice the noise while riding, only at one point when I was blinking riding out (it affects it)...
Let's see whether it is bothersome in the end. I just bought this bike, so I'm listening to every detail. And that fuel pump noise is really there. Considering it doesn't have to be - @TownsendsFJR1300 you don't have it - I'll consider changing the pump if annoying...
And then your link will surely be of use, I read in one of your previous post replies that the OEM one is $ 380!
Thanks a lot!

Your welcome.

Just as an FYI, (and I only hear mine on start up), here's a video of my bike (taken on 9/10/2016) to document voltages/RPM's):

You cannot hear the fuel pump (caveat, I do have aftermarket pipes-kinda throaty at the lower RPMs).

It's very rare I let the tank get below half ways full/empty...